Rainfall in Arizona This Winter

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Rainfall in Arizona This Winter

#1 Postby azskyman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 am

I've taken note that we are 66 days into 2010, and I have thus far measured and accumulated rainfall of 6.39". As expected, the amount has surpassed last year's 365-day total of 5.51". Keep in mind that averages in arid places like Phoenix are based very much on extremes, but a 66 day total that averages nearly a tenth of an inch a day is still impressive. Allergy season will be in full swing soon, and in addition to a very green desert, there will be some of the most persistent and well-prepared weeds staking claim to yards around the valley in the weeks ahead.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Rainfall in Arizona This Winter

#2 Postby Stephanie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

This has been one amazing winter for the southern and eastern areas of our country. I think that you have had issues with flooding in the state of AZ due to the year's worth of rain you've received.

I'm almost afraid of what the summer season may bring, once the El Nino has been distinguished. At least the water tables are healthy now.
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby azskyman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 am

In addition to that, Flagstaff has had 138"+ of snow this season. They have had a record 8" or more on the ground from December 8th right until today. At one point, they had more than 40" on the ground. Quite a season here.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Stephanie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 am

Hopefully you won't have any water issues this summer.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”