Here It Is!!!!!! Long Awaited "Winter Outlook"

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

#21 Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:24 pm

LOL...................Like the rest of that area paradoxsixnine have to wait another few more months unfortunatly....................Could be worse remember 1997/98????? <------That i never want to see again! My only snowless winter in my life time!
0 likes   

paradoxsixnine
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#22 Postby paradoxsixnine » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:28 pm

"winter" 97/98 SUCKED EGG! God, thank you for reminding me...
I think I was on Prozac around that time period....now it allllll makes sense... :roll:
0 likes   

#23 Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:47 pm

Well here is the link about the developing EL'Nino if all goes well it will be kicking in at the right time for us snowlovers (late winter)which will keep the end of the winter more stormier across the usa but not enough to affect the normal late winter cold outbreaks!...................
More or less what we will be dealing with is a weak EL'Nino (the developing stages in Dec,Jan, And Feb)...........And then more pronounced come the spring and fully developed come the summer months!

http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~pierce/elnino/pictures.html
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#24 Postby GAStorm » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:13 pm

What do you think of the new forecast the noaa put out? Here is the link:

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/resear..._us_current.gif

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/resear..._us_current.gif

They basically say it will be somewhat cold early, and then warm up. Do you know how accurate this model is? I hope it is wrong since the precip forecast is looking below normal here!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#25 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:25 pm

I am getting:

Not Found
The requested URL /resear..._us_current.gif was not found on this server.

....on both links.
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#26 Postby GAStorm » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:38 pm

ColdFront77 wrote:I am getting:

Not Found
The requested URL /resear..._us_current.gif was not found on this server.

....on both links.

Sorry about that! I found the link on a post WxRisk had on WWBB. For some reason it works there? Anyway, here is the link to his post:

http://www5.wright-weather.com/bb/showt ... adid=13702
0 likes   

dafwx
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#27 Postby dafwx » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:21 pm

sorry to spoil your fun King of Weather, but I have reasons not to believe in your forecast, or for anyone to not believe in it. first, foremost, and lastly, you didn't even explain your reasoning. on a reputable weather board like this i think we deserve an explanation for a prediciton, and not just the forecast itself. im not out to make you look bad. rather, if you do heed my advice, i will make you look good.
0 likes   

#28 Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:51 pm

dafwx wrote:sorry to spoil your fun King of Weather, but I have reasons not to believe in your forecast, or for anyone to not believe in it. first, foremost, and lastly, you didn't even explain your reasoning. on a reputable weather board like this i think we deserve an explanation for a prediciton, and not just the forecast itself. im not out to make you look bad. rather, if you do heed my advice, i will make you look good.

Ok you asked for it and here it is! :D
I do explain some of my reasoning behind this (What i used to come up with this) with this thread and about halfway down on pg1 http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10799&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

More or less i do give lots of details on what i based this on if you read my replies about this....................Unless....

Is what your looking for me to say such as well (The EL'Ninio will kick into high gear this winter and that will lead to a warmer and less snowy winter for the Eastern areas of the USA???)<---------Just a example btw......................Let me know!

I do appericate you bringing this up....................
0 likes   

#29 Postby Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:42 pm

I have made this a sticky again for our newer members!!!!!!
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby Amanzi » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:37 am

Great forecast KOW...

Arrrgggg... I was hoping for a cold winter down here in FL (well cold in regards to Florida anyway!)

My county looks to be bordering on the Equal chances zone.... I hope to get at least to 32f this year. DONT LAUGH at me you snow birds :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”