Why Do So Many People Hate The Rain?

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Why Do So Many People Hate The Rain?

#1 Postby ConvergenceZone » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 am

Okay, so I realize you can't have picnics and do other outdoor activities, but I live in Sacramento, and lots of people I work with seem to hate the rain.

I guess it just makes me upset, because I wonder, don't these people realize where our drinking water comes from? Don't they realize they they couldn't take showers, water their lawns, swim in their pools etc, without the rain? You would think that alone would keep them from hating the rain so much....

For some reason this really bugs me......
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Aquawind » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 am

I hear ya.. They have no respect for water or how the physical world works and think hamburgers grow on trees..lol
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Why Do So Many People Hate The Rain?

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Hamburgers don't grow on trees?? :eek: :eek: I'm not sure it bugs me, but your point is well taken. It does amaze me how many people really have no idea "how it all works" and water is definitely one of those things. To me way too many people take way too much in their lives for granted without appreciating what they really have. I guess this has to do with the weather and winter since we are talking about rain. :?:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

profitgs

#4 Postby profitgs » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:08 am

No.. its not so true...I love rain so much.
0 likes   

angelabrookss
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#5 Postby angelabrookss » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Rain is a blessing of God !
I think they do not like water!
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby O Town » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 am

I understand we need rain to live and thrive, but I don't enjoy the rain either. I wouldn't say hate, but I would rather see the sun than rain.
Its depressing, dangerous to drive in, backs up traffic, gets your shoes dirty, messes up your hair, keeps all the children inside under your feet, if your roof leaks it sucks, I could go on and on. I mean if I were single, jobless and childless I guess sitting back and watching and listening to rain would be calming and peaceful, but no such luck. I do remember those days of enjoying a rainy day but not so much anymore. That old song we all know didn't come about by chance...Rain rain go away come again another day, I think most people don't enjoy the rain.
0 likes   

#ORLANDOSTRONG

profitgs

#7 Postby profitgs » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:20 am

when acid rains falls its effected the senstive animals.you gat wet.we cant go anywhere.It can be reason of flooding.rain can be resposible for overhydration of plants.its very messy.
0 likes   

ColinDelia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby ColinDelia » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 am

Blame it on the rain
0 likes   

WeatherWiseGuy
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#9 Postby WeatherWiseGuy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:39 am

I like this topic because I have a confession to make and I wonder how many of you might agree with me? I get really bored with the weather if it sunny and fair day after day. In the summer I look forward to the possibility of an afternoon thunderstorm to observe, and during the winter I can't wait for the next frontal passage with the changes it can bring. And yes, sometimes these changes inconvenience me, but I still like it better than the same monotonous weather day after day. I guess that's why we are all crazy weather watchers around here. You'll notice that there are no forums dedicated to fair, stable weather.
0 likes   

ColinDelia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby ColinDelia » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:44 am

WeatherWiseGuy wrote:I like this topic because I have a confession to make and I wonder how many of you might agree with me? I get really bored with the weather if it sunny and fair day after day. In the summer I look forward to the possibility of an afternoon thunderstorm to observe, and during the winter I can't wait for the next frontal passage with the changes it can bring. And yes, sometimes these changes inconvenience me, but I still like it better than the same monotonous weather day after day. I guess that's why we are all crazy weather watchers around here. You'll notice that there are no forums dedicated to fair, stable weather.

I used to get bored with sunny, fair days but now I really like them. Maybe this is because I lived in Syracuse, NY for 6 years. Sunless days without end in the winter.
0 likes   

WeatherWiseGuy
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#11 Postby WeatherWiseGuy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:52 am

ColinDelia wrote:
WeatherWiseGuy wrote:I like this topic because I have a confession to make and I wonder how many of you might agree with me? I get really bored with the weather if it sunny and fair day after day. In the summer I look forward to the possibility of an afternoon thunderstorm to observe, and during the winter I can't wait for the next frontal passage with the changes it can bring. And yes, sometimes these changes inconvenience me, but I still like it better than the same monotonous weather day after day. I guess that's why we are all crazy weather watchers around here. You'll notice that there are no forums dedicated to fair, stable weather.

I used to get bored with sunny, fair days but now I really like them. Maybe this is because I lived in Syracuse, NY for 6 years. Sunless days without end in the winter.

I've lived all my life in Florida, so I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. But notice that even in your case, it's the lack of change in the weather (to the opposite extreme) that you found boring. I guess it's the changes that I look forward to. Just like near the end of summer I start looking forward to fall and winter, while by the end of winter I am looking forward to spring and summer. They each have their own attendant weather that is enjoyable to observe.
0 likes   

Rezwanur
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#12 Postby Rezwanur » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 am

I love rain when I stay inside home! :wink:
0 likes   

Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#13 Postby Aslkahuna » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 am

I live in the Desert so rain is always welcome.

Steve
0 likes   

frigidice77

#14 Postby frigidice77 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

I like when its raining with wind. I dont like just plain rain
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”