Late week Nor'Easter......snow in high elevations

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

Late week Nor'Easter......snow in high elevations

#1 Postby cpdaman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:53 pm

EURO has been coming in deeper with it's low near the bench mark for the Friday'ish Nor'easter

Most models are on board now....and for the moment they bring a low near the bench mark

thickness appear between 540-546 so very very borderline for snow...(inland elevated areas).with 850's 0-2 (which is also borderline) one would have to believe that with a high to the north and the shot at a deep low near the bench mark....elevations over 2000 in the catskills/ adirondacks/berkshires/green/white's could see the white stuff.....also not out of question thicknesses and BL temps could trend cooler.

should be interesting to watch unfold

Last year at this time we saw a storm drop a swath of snow over nebraska.....then locally heavy amounts at elevated areas of pennsyvania....then a large area of 1-2 inches in Massachusetts (all the way to the coastal plain). We shall see.
0 likes   

cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Late week Nor'Easter......snow in high elevations

#2 Postby cpdaman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 pm

latest EURO 12z shows thickness crashing Friday pm down below 540 from interior Central New england on thru inland areas of maine

850's runnin -1 C which is very borderline .....(right?) but heavy precip could cool the column further...?.....and produce bouts of heavy snow from IMO monadanocks (fri after sunset) thru The white's and mountains well N of portland, ME late fri- thru SAT am .

get ready Wildcat mountain....This has your name on it.
0 likes   

cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby cpdaman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:37 pm

i will continue my convo with myself lol

latest 0z nam ....came in cooler in the boundary layer for the green mountains from friday evening thru early sat.

Looks like areas at 2000 of above......give or take.....could get a nice period of heavy snow from around 7pm thru midnite.....and then possibly get some enhanced upslope flow into morning.

depending on ground temps ......could probably go 4-8 inches above 2500' in the greens...at 0z verbatim
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Aquawind » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 am

4-8 inches.. Yeow winterish alright! I am waiting for that first Arctic front to make it all the way down here.. 8-)
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby angelwing » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:03 am

This is one of those times I wished I lived in the higher elevations (I love snow), we are supposed to get tons of rain in SE PA/NJ and of course I will be drving in both states over the Delaware today.

Its already very cloudy here in NJ, I expect the rain to start around noon.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”