Snow storm across The Pond

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
serenata09
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Snow storm across The Pond

#1 Postby serenata09 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 pm

What does this mean for the U.S.? Anything?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40399876/ns/weather/?gt1=43001
0 likes   

frigidice77

#2 Postby frigidice77 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:00 pm

When did this happen? Suprised Twc didnt mention it or anyone.It probably could mean we could have a interesting january or december.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#3 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 am

I wonder if the long wave associated with this will effect my wide of the continent here eventually. Really interesting story.
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

frigidice77

#4 Postby frigidice77 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Looks like Europe weather patttern maybe the december pattern in the U.S
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 pm

frigidice77 wrote:Looks like Europe weather patttern maybe the december pattern in the U.S

Why do you think this? What makes you think that pattern is going to move our way. And the event happened within the last 3 days in England. We have at least one member from London who had 5" of snow.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

frigidice77

#6 Postby frigidice77 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 am

Vbhoutex Did you see the forecasted temps next week. it has us in my location a low of 21. That by far a colder temp than we had last year. Maybe a hard freeze event for the south?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 pm

frigidice77 wrote:Vbhoutex Did you see the forecasted temps next week. it has us in my location a low of 21. That by far a colder temp than we had last year. Maybe a hard freeze event for the south?
My point is that the temps aren't the only thing that will make it like the pattern in Europe or for that matter anywhere else. that pattern includes ridges and troughs and their set up among other things. Also normally weather patterns that produce weather in Europe do not normally traverse East to West across the Atlantic to the US. Not saying it can't happen, but it isn't normal unless one is talking about a tropical entity in the Atlantic.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Return to “Winter Weather”