Midwest winter in spring weather thread

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Metalicwx220

Midwest winter in spring weather thread

#1 Postby Metalicwx220 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 pm

This topic or whatever its called is for wintry weather in Midwest states( Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin). Since there is the potential for wintry threats to last into april this spring I made this thread lol and because I am bored.Some states such as Minnesota see there snowiest times in march and minneapolis is probably gonna break their all time snowiest seaon.
Issued by The National Weather Service
Chicago, IL
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST MONDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST MONDAY.

* TIMING... FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET OCCASIONALLY MIXING WITH SNOW FROM LATE THIS EVENING THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING... THEN SNOW UNTIL LATE MONDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS... ONE TO TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 1 TO 2 INCHES.

* HAZARDS... ACCUMULATING SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN CHANGING OVER TO ACCUMULATING SNOW.

* IMPACTS... FREEZING PRECIPITATION WILL CAUSE DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DR
Last edited by Metalicwx220 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Metalicwx220

#2 Postby Metalicwx220 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Image Image Cold and wet for the midwest in medium to long range which means more winter storms in the coming days.
0 likes   

Metalicwx220

#3 Postby Metalicwx220 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 pm

0 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby gpsnowman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Can anyone tell me what mid March (13-17) in Chicago is looking like? Going up there for the first time and I'm wondering if I will see a blizzard or 50 degrees.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re:

#5 Postby RL3AO » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:48 pm

gpsnowman wrote:Can anyone tell me what mid March (13-17) in Chicago is looking like? Going up there for the first time and I'm wondering if I will see a blizzard or 50 degrees.

Its the midwest in March. You could see a blizzard on Monday and 70 on Wednesday.
0 likes   

jerry0503222
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#6 Postby jerry0503222 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Can anyone tell me what mid March (13-17) in Chicago is looking like? Going up there for the first time and I'm wondering if I will see a blizzard or 50 degrees.

0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”