HELP PREVENT NWS BUDGET CUTS!!!!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

HELP PREVENT NWS BUDGET CUTS!!!!

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:27 am

Please support your National Weather Service against reckless budget cuts by signing into the White House website at: http://bit.ly/zGhSlN and signing the petition. The current administration is asking for major cuts in the already small NWS budget. Let's let them know that this is not ok.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Re: HELP PREVENT NWS BUDGET CUTS!!!!

#2 Postby somethingfunny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

I have signed it. We need more signatures! Without getting too far into the sensitive subject of politics, I think that the National Weather Service budget is so miniscule compared to the gross inefficiencies and redundancies that could be cut elsewhere in the federal budget, and that the work they do is too important to skimp on. The Weather Service is technically a part of the Department of Commerce, but in practicality they are part of our national defense. The National Weather Service and its' subsidiaries like the National Hurricane Center, Climate Prediction Center, Hydrological Prediction Center, NRL/SSL, SPC... these organizations protect America by warning and mitigating the damages done by natural hazards, which have killed far more Americans, damaged far more property, and caused far more economic disruption than any of the foreign or domestic threats we spend untold billions to monitor and prevent every year.
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Stephanie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Signed it.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby angelwing » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 am