Question: South Florida Christmas Day Model Prediction

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Question: South Florida Christmas Day Model Prediction

#1 Postby Jevo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 am

Every weather outlook that I see right now goes to December 24th with a 60% chance of rain, which in South florida in December usually means a cold front. Are there any models that brings a decent front into my area for some Christmas Morning cool weather? Thank you :)
0 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: Question: South Florida Christmas Day Model Prediction

#2 Postby wxman57 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 am

Jevo wrote:Every weather outlook that I see right now goes to December 24th with a 60% chance of rain, which in South florida in December usually means a cold front. Are there any models that brings a decent front into my area for some Christmas Morning cool weather? Thank you :)

Nope, don't see any "decent" front across Florida late next week. Have no idea where "The Flemish Cap", Florida is, though. If that's not your location then you need to update your profile. I do see a weak front across the central to southern FL Peninsula by the 22nd. The front may get a little kick southward across Florida on the 25th. No severe cold or anything close.
0 likes   

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Question: South Florida Christmas Day Model Prediction

#3 Postby Jevo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 am

wxman57 wrote:
Jevo wrote:Every weather outlook that I see right now goes to December 24th with a 60% chance of rain, which in South florida in December usually means a cold front. Are there any models that brings a decent front into my area for some Christmas Morning cool weather? Thank you :)

Nope, don't see any "decent" front across Florida late next week. Have no idea where "The Flemish Cap", Florida is, though. If that's not your location then you need to update your profile. I do see a weak front across the central to southern FL Peninsula by the 22nd. The front may get a little kick southward across Florida on the 25th. No severe cold or anything close.

Ah the 'Flemish Cap' was a bit of an inside joke with some of the old timers during this past Hurricane season... Heh we're in Fort Lauderdale.... Thank you for taking a look though. The wife was bugging me.. I think she misses her cold/white NY Christmas mornings.
0 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

Return to “Winter Weather”