Texas Winter 2012-2013

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#41 Postby Ntxw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm almost ready to jump ship on weak nino and go moderate! Subsurface is warm almighty. You folks in SE Texas need to get ready. Ya'll are usually the first to get hit in these types of years. Earliest snow ever ever in Houston please?
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#42 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Ntxw wrote:I'm almost ready to jump ship on weak nino and go moderate! Subsurface is warm almighty. You folks in SE Texas need to get ready. Ya'll are usually the first to get hit in these types of years. Earliest snow ever ever in Houston please?

It was December 4, 2009.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

SaskatchewanScreamer

Re: Texas Winter 2012-2013

#43 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 am

Portastorm wrote:It's about time you shared some of that winter "fun" with us, Screamer. You hogged it all last winter! :lol:

:roll: :uarrow: You fellows are such a weird bunch! The Texan I talked to a couple of weeks ago shuddered over how well :roll: his fellow Texans handled snow and cold and ice. He really emphasized how poorly Texans handle the effects of cold weather (and CAN'T drive worth shoot in any form of moisture...never mind if the frozen stuff is on the ground).

If I get that kind of :double: cold you are praying for you best start wrapping your pipes Texas!

:lol:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?site=WebStore :larrow: wrong time of year but keep that link close at hand :wink: because you will need shovels, ice remover, winter tires (get studded), parkas, toques :ggreen: , mittens, lined winter boots, interior car heater, block engine warmer, booster cables, and igloo making directions (in case of roof collapse). Ah the supplies are still there http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/SnowRemoval.jsp

Trust me I will be doing my darndest to share all the joys you are wishing on my location to get you the snow and cold you want. :roll:

you fellows are nuts :idea: :lol:
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#44 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Are YOU prepared????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvrlkHrtSk&feature=related[/youtube]
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Open Letter To Ms Screamer and Canada,

Yes, we Texans are nuts. Thank you. We do ( well, not Wxman57) want winter. We want to build snowmen. We want to run and frolick in its goodness. We want to shiver. Thank you for the fans.

Signed

Texans For Winter
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

Re:

#46 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Tireman4 wrote:Open Letter To Ms Screamer and Canada,

Yes, we Texans are nuts. Thank you. We do ( well, not Wxman57) want winter. We want to build snowmen. We want to run and frolick in its goodness. We want to shiver. Thank you for the fans.

Signed

Texans For Winter

:lol:

As you wish! :cold: :froze: :cold:

BTW Tireman if you ever head up here I'll be tickled pink to put you and yours up........come in the winter and I can *almost* guarantee you and your family will know *intimately* exactly what produces snow down there.
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#47 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 pm

As you wish! :cold: :froze: :cold:

BTW Tireman if you ever head up here I'll be tickled pink to put you and yours up........come in the winter and I can *almost* guarantee you and your family will know *intimately* exactly what produces snow down there.[/quote]

Well you know...we librarians have to hang out once in awhile!!!
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#48 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Tireman4 wrote:As you wish! :cold: :froze: :cold:

BTW Tireman if you ever head up here I'll be tickled pink to put you and yours up........come in the winter and I can *almost* guarantee you and your family will know *intimately* exactly what produces snow down there.

Well you know...we librarians have to hang out once in awhile!!![/quote]

That we do :) so keep my offer in mind.
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#49 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Well you know...we librarians have to hang out once in awhile!!![/quote]

That we do :) so keep my offer in mind.[/quote]

Yes ma'am. I will keep that in mind as we upgrade to a new circulation system that is TEN years overdue!!!
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#50 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 pm

LOLOLOL we just did that! :D

See you in four years! :wink:

(edited from already to just.....meant just but.....)
Last edited by SaskatchewanScreamer on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#51 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 pm

0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#52 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Ours is so antiquated. Goodness. It is still structured on a telnet system. LOL. Yours looks nice.
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#53 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm

It is....it is used by a number of major Universities in the United States. I'll have to check re which ones.

We had Dynix before and I loved it (it only had our region on it). The new one has more kinks to work out still since whole province is using it so a lot of comprimising had/has to occur.

To keep this one track :oops: y'all can search for all the books re winter on there. :D
0 likes   

joshb19882004
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#54 Postby joshb19882004 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

hopefully it gets rainy and cold as it did in 2009-2010 winter
0 likes   

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#55 Postby Texas Snowman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Joe B with another tweet about an analog year that could bring winter joy to many in Texas (and misery to Wxman57):

"@BigJoeBastardi: There will be no talk of Global warming this winter if 57-58 winter shows up cause US will be cold http://pic.twitter.com/2lfGEmak.

0 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#56 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 am

If this mountain forecast pans out,you will be very happy in Texas. :) This is the CFSv2 forecasting moderate el Nino.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#57 Postby Ivanhater » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 pm

I will be in Texas this winter (Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo)....looks like it should be interesting winter weather wise :cheesy:
0 likes   
Michael

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#58 Postby Portastorm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Ivanhater wrote:I will be in Texas this winter (Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo)....looks like it should be interesting winter weather wise :cheesy:

Sweet! Can't wait to have you join in on the fun. Not too many folks from San Angelo on the board ... I know natlib is one. Can't remember the others at the moment.
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#59 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Ivanhater wrote:I will be in Texas this winter (Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo)....looks like it should be interesting winter weather wise :cheesy:

Welcome aboard our mini community! Hope you see lots of snow here this winter! We have a lot of eyes and ears around the state so if there's a flake to fall anywhere you know Portastorm will be on it :wink:
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#60 Postby Ivanhater » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Ntxw wrote:

Welcome aboard our mini community! Hope you see lots of snow here this winter! We have a lot of eyes and ears around the state so if there's a flake to fall anywhere you know Portastorm will be on it :wink:

Thanks Porta and Ntxw! I've always followed the Texas winter thread, but this winter I actually get to join in on the fun. I'm sure it is a lot easier to get snow in San Angelo than in Pensacola :lol:
0 likes   
Michael

Return to “Winter Weather”