Winter Storm Euclid? - TWC to name Winter Storms

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#61 Postby CrazyC83 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:30 am

The upcoming Colorado Low in the northern Plains and Rockies was just named as well. I don't think we have very many, if any, members there so not going to bother making a thread for that storm.
0 likes   

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Re:

#62 Postby somethingfunny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

CrazyC83 wrote:The upcoming Colorado Low in the northern Plains and Rockies was just named as well. I don't think we have very many, if any, members there so not going to bother making a thread for that storm.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=113336
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Frank2
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Winter Storm Euclid? - TWC to name Winter Storms

#63 Postby Frank2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 pm

From what I was told, TWC did name another winter low "Brutus" just this afternoon...

Very bad precedent, because then AW will start naming systems, too, and local FOX News stations, and private meteorologists (except those who post here - they have more sense - lol), and on and on and on, and then the American public will be even more confused than we already are...

A "Q" storm by the name of - Q - is that a reference to a James Bond film character?

As another poster said - the decline of TWC continues...

Glades2
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#64 Postby Ntxw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm

If it has no support from the national weather service or NOAA, it has literally no meaning (the name) in the history books of weather, so in the end not much use anyway.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Shoshana
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby Shoshana » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

One of the Australian newspapers is naming a supercell. They are calling it 'superstorm Shaz' but are having a naming poll...

Superstorm looms over unstable east

I've never seen them do this before.
0 likes   

gsytch
Category 1
Category 1

#66 Postby gsytch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 pm

YOWSER! That was something to see. Can we say global warming? :double:
0 likes   

hurricanexyz

#67 Postby hurricanexyz » Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 pm

I think that it is mildly stupid but that could be because i am not used it yet