phpbb update

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

phpbb update

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 pm

We are updating our phpbb version tonight of sometime this weekend. I have been told there should be no downtime. If the new version causes some problems we will be able to switch back to the current version. Hopefully the upgrade will go easily and we will be running better than we were on the previous version now that we have fixed the problems that kept bringing us down.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: phpbb update

#2 Postby tolakram » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 am

Great news! This should finally eliminate the login spam issue, especially if you add a few of the Q&A plugins.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:17 am

tolakram wrote:Great news! This should finally eliminate the login spam issue, especially if you add a few of the Q&A plugins.

I readjusted the capcha recently again and that helped a lot. I have also placed bans on some large ip ranges and email groups. All of this was being done already but for some reason it finally has helped. We already have q&a in place, but may change it too once the upgrade is done.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby jasons2k » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:06 pm

i haven't been around much, but i have not forgotten we need up upgrade. i ran into some roadblocks when i last looked into it.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Fri May 01, 2015 11:07 am

We are now in the process of working on the updating of the phpbb and phpbb nuke. This is being done separately from the site as we will need to do testing and checking and don't want the site down or slowed while we are working on it. We are hoping to be updated by the end of May.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Since our phpbb and php nuke are so far out of date the update will be taking at least a month later than originally thought. We are now hoping to have that completed by late June or early July.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Kingarabian » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Will there be new features and additions added to the forums?

Like embedding Youtube videos, vines etc?

Spoiler tags?
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Return to “Winter Weather”