Posting of images/models/graphics

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Posting of images/models/graphics

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Any posting of images/models/graphics from a pay subscriber site is not allowed on Storm 2K. However, if the image/model/graphic in question has been shared through social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) by the subscriber site itself, then the re-posting of that image/model/graphic is acceptable.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: Posting of images/models/graphics

#2 Postby tolakram » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:06 am

Bump.

All images from commercial sites are NOT allowed unless shared per the above rule. Some sites have exceptions but we DO NOT ALLOW these either as it requires us to know every exception for every pay site.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

TomballEd
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby TomballEd » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:44 pm

I see the old style HTML for images, but I haven't been able to do it. Do I need a website URL to post an image?
0 likes   

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#4 Postby IcyTundra » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:47 pm

TomballEd wrote:I see the old style HTML for images, but I haven't been able to do it. Do I need a website URL to post an image?

I think you need the website URL.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby tolakram » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:19 pm

TomballEd wrote:I see the old style HTML for images, but I haven't been able to do it. Do I need a website URL to post an image?

What site are you using for uploading images? I use IMGUR and we support BBCODE tags and Imgur tags (see tooltip help when hovering over imgur button above).
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Winter Weather”