Our Mod Dave needs our help. Updated 11/04 evening

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Our Mod Dave needs our help. Updated 11/04 evening

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 pm

[*][*]I am taking the liberty of posting this from his FB page to be sure we get everyone engaged in this.

CANCER...I'M on an emergency transfer by Ripley cty to st vincent in Indy. Emeegency radiation on my back tonight tumor pressing my spine. Trying to stop paralysis. Cancer both sides of hip and dpot on lungs. This is real everyone, o. I 74 WEST now. 6 monrhs maybe maybe more after chemo in batesville. I am scared to death

Love you all, remember stay safe.
Forever. Dave...

Whatever you do, pray, positive thoughts, positive vibes-Dave needs these more than ever now.
He has been an integral part of our team for a long time now. Let's be there for him now in his time of need.

If you would like to send him a card or something, please pm me and I can give you the information.
0 likes   

Ev1948
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Ev1948 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Many prayers coming his way, sometimes a miracle happens, could be one of those times. I hope he has a miracle.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby artist » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:58 am

Prayers from here as well.
0 likes   

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:33 am

Nooooo Dave!
Praying for you Dave!
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Our Mod Dave needs our help.

#5 Postby cycloneye » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:55 am

My prayers go to Dave.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#6 Postby CrazyC83 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Sending tons of prayers for a speedy recovery and healing!
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#7 Postby South Texas Storms » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Praying for him.
0 likes   

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby cigtyme » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 am

Thoughts and Prayers sent
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#9 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Dave is basically journaling everything that is going on on his Facebook page(Dave Rayner). I would suggest that you go there also to really know and understand the WAR Dave and ALL of his friends are waging for his survival. I know he appreciates hearing from folks even though he can't always answer.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Just pulled this off of Dave's Face book page.
This will be my address for awhile in case someone wants to send something to me...bills will be tossed in trashcan, they already know where to send those to. This address is effective tomorrow.

St Andrews, 1400 Lammars Pike, Batesville IN 47006 Room # 309 c/o Dave Rayner.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby chaser1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 am

Dave, Fight for tomorrow and each tomorrow after that! Hope, Love, Life & Faith have to be your inspiration and am wishing you Godspeed in your recovery. Best wishes to you and your family during this trying time.
-Andy Dressler
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Janie2006
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Janie2006 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

Prayers, good thoughts, and good vibes for Dave. That's a true war, a battle for survival.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby Stephanie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:43 pm

It was bad enough that he had such pain in his back that he couldn't walk and his insurance company, Anthem BC/BS wasn't allowing him therapy. I wish that's all it was, like everyone else. If you are on FB, look up his page and say hello. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#14 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Stephanie wrote:It was bad enough that he had such pain in his back that he couldn't walk and his insurance company, Anthem BC/BS wasn't allowing him therapy. I wish that's all it was, like everyone else. If you are on FB, look up his page and say hello. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Yep Anthem BC/BS is a real piece of work. The man was bedridden and at least three different docs said he needed it but Anthem said he wasn[t sick enough to be covered. Really? Since the next day he was on his way to Indy

He has a long way to go and it will be tough but he is fighting with all he has. Like Stephanie said, check him on FB. He would love to hear from you.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

MONTEGUT_LA
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#15 Postby MONTEGUT_LA » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:39 am

Dave,

You are in my family's prayers! I have back pain from a bulging disc, so I know how pain can affect someone's life, but my family has also been hit by cancer 4x! A few years ago, my sister had Cervical cancer and had to get a complete hysterectomy, but is free of cancer. Today, I have 2 brothers fighting cancer. One has had treatments and an operation. He is now 98% cancer free. My other brother doesn't have the option of surgery, and treatments are no longer working. He has struggled to pay his bills, food, travel, and etc. Some people don't realize that even though you have health insurance that you still have co-pays and deductibles to deal with and the hope that the medical charges are approved. It is hard on families emotionally and financially.

And finally in Aug 1982, my father was told he had oral/bone cancer of the jaw. He had what he thought was a fever blister in the middle of his lower lip that would not heal. Doctor told him he needed to quite smoking and he did that very day! Even after 32 rounds of chemo and 8 surgeries, which included removing half of his lower jaw bone, all of his teeth, and many glands in the throat area, he was told that he had only 6mos to live. Back in that time, they were not advanced as they are now and the surgeries and treatments were experimental. Well, I am proud to say that he is here with us at the age of 82 and still works as a roustabout in a shipyard. He does have some disabilities like a hard time turning his head to the right, but overall he can do most things he has always done including driving (only local though)! The surgeries cause twist and turns of his veins which blocked some blood flow to his brain causing him to pass out when he was in high places like on a roof. In 2004, the doctors put in a stint in his neck. Since then he stopped getting dizzy and can/has outworked many young healthier workers.

So the power of prayer I believe is a power of healing! Please remember to keep your head up high and NEVER give up! It will be a hard battle, but through love, sweat, and tears, the war can be won! We will continue to pray for you a full speedy recovery!
0 likes   
::::::Danny & Juan '85, Andrew '92, Lili '02, Katrina & Rita '05, Gustav & Ike '08, Isaac '12, Ida 2021::::::

::::It's been a wild ride, but you just gotta love living on the gulf coast!::::

Annie Oakley
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby Annie Oakley » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Dave! I am praying hard for you. I am sorry you are going through so much. Just ask for anything you need and we all can try our best to help you. Let our strength be yours for now. Don't even hesitate to ask.
I hope the doctors can help you alleviate your fear also.
I have some special nuns who I am going to ask right now to pray for you also. They're good at that.
Love you Dave and I will be checking back on this thread. I don't have or do facebook but I will check yours.
Annie
0 likes   

WeatherWiseGuy
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#17 Postby WeatherWiseGuy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 am

Dave, I rarely post on here, but I want you to know that when I read this thread the Lord moved me to pray for you. I have and will continue to do so.

Jim
0 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby euro6208 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 am

Praying for you! May THE ONE heal you!

What is Dave's facebook?
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#19 Postby tolakram » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 am

euro6208 wrote:Praying for you! May THE ONE heal you!

What is Dave's facebook?

Search for Dave Rayner, first hit.

Good luck Dave, really hoping you can kick this!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Snowman67
Category 2
Category 2

#20 Postby Snowman67 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 pm

I never view this page, but clicked on it today - now I know why. Praying for the Lord to heal you. Stay strong and keep the faith!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”