Starting to Enjoy Winter Weather

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Starting to Enjoy Winter Weather

#1 Postby cigtyme » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:34 pm

I know most of the pro mets, and some of the self taught weather enthusiast, have forgotten more than I know. Anyone wanna help a noob out. I have no clue what to look for, nor where to get the info. Does any pro or non pro have the time to take a coonass under their wing, and teach me a little about this winter weather. I've always loved tropical season, but something about last season, as well as the oncoming winter season has me giddy. Thanks, and if no one can that's cool, ill just watch. If not someone hit me up with a PM of where to start.

Cigtyme :froze:

If I am not supposed to ask for things like this, well then my bad. OK maybe this was a noob post too make. I just want to understand and share like others. :D
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Bizzles
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Starting to Enjoy Winter Weather

#2 Postby Bizzles » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Never hurts to start simple :)

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/winter_wx.shtml

Cheers!
0 likes   
Andrew '92 Opal '95 Blizzard '96 Izzy '03 Irene '11 Sandy '12

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion is not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby cigtyme » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks Bizzles, it's also tough getting around barracuda :grr:
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby cigtyme » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Well I knew this wouldn't turn out like I expected, :cry:
0 likes   

Bizzles
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby Bizzles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 am

0 likes   

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion is not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby cigtyme » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 am

Will have to check it after work. Barracuda at work says I cant visit that site :(

NOT ONE PM EITHER :(
0 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby gpsnowman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:30 am

cigtyme wrote:Will have to check it after work. Barracuda at work says I cant visit that site :(

Try posting the questions on the Texas Fall or the Texas Winter threads. I think most of us check those two multiple times each day. More viewership.
0 likes   

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Ralph's Weather » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

gpsnowman wrote:
cigtyme wrote:Will have to check it after work. Barracuda at work says I cant visit that site :(

Try posting the questions on the Texas Fall or the Texas Winter threads. I think most of us check those two multiple times each day. More viewership.

Those threads welcome questions. I started out in meteorology at A&M, but just about all I know I have gathered from forums and blogs like this one. Feel free to ask me or anyone here any questions you may have.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby cigtyme » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:38 am

I was gonna post in the Texas thread, but decided to keep it here. My first question, Is there a place that list all these Acronyms. Like what is the NAO, or EPO, or ENSO. I see these abbreviations in almost all educated threads. Have no clue what they mean. I know NAO being positive or negative may get me cold weather in Houma. I know ENSO is something to do with the El Nino. TUTT ULL, the list goes on. Do we have a thread that is just used as Acronyms lookups. Kind of like a STRORM2K wiki page.
0 likes   

Bizzles
Category 1
Category 1

#10 Postby Bizzles » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:12 am

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=95832

Ask and you shall receive.

Board Index->S2k Tropical Weather->Talkin' Tropics->Tropical Reference Library->S2K Weather Acronyms

Enjoy!
0 likes   

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby cigtyme » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am

Damn its been here since 2007? Sounds like I am lazy :(
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”