STORM2K CONTRIBUTIONS AND FINANCIAL UPDATE

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: STORM2K CONTRIBUTIONS AND FINANCIAL UPDATE

#81 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm

As of today our paypal balance is $1205.24. That will pay our current costs through April. If we want to make upgrades or additions to the site , that could cost more. Of course we will let everyone know if that is the case. We really appreciate everyone who has donated to help us stay up and running. Once we have the site upgraded to the latest version of PHPBB we will be looking into other ways to help fund the site also. However we are still going to need donations so we don't get to the point we did earlier this year. Thanks in advance for those continuing to donate and to those who choose to donate for the first time. Literally every penny counts!!
A reminder to those that are first time donors. We want to recognize you with out supporter tag. However, in order to do that I need your real name and confirmation no. so I can match them up with the donation log on PayPal. Please message me with those. There is no need to post it publicly unless you want to.
Also, if you do not want to use PayPal you can message me and I will let you know where to send the money and I will make sure it goes into the account to pay our bills.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Quicksilver17
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#82 Postby Quicksilver17 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Donation sent :D
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#83 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Quicksilver17 wrote:Donation sent :D

Thanks so much for your support.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#84 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Our current PayPal balance is $925.23. We are paid through November. That leaves us enough to get through April if no more donations come in. That makes me uncomfortable after what we had to go through this past year to bring the site back up. I still have not paid myself back for the $1k+ I personally I paid to bring the site back up to date. If I don't ever get paid back it won't hurt me, but I know several places I could use that kind of money. Just putting it all out for everyone to see. I refuse to lie about the state of this site. I would feel much more comfortable if there were a 1 or better yet a 2 in front of the current amount available. Thanks to SC5, where our current server is located, we are enjoying a $60 a month saving over our old costs with more quite a bit more service than we got from our last host. They are also doing all of the work for our upgrade which is a massive undertaking since our current phpbb is so far out of date. Once that is accomplished we are going to look into other ways to generate funds, but that will not happen till the upgrade is completed.
I have had quite a few supporters say they were going to make a monthly pledge yet I am aware of only one that comes in on a regular basis each month. If you really intended to do that please go back to PayPal and set it up. If you don't that is fine too, but it would be nice to not have to worry about our funding for a while. If we didn't then once we get the upgrade completed we might be able to add improvements.
For anyone reading this that cares to donate please use the donate button at the top of this forum or the donate buttons that are in my or CajunMama's signature. THE DONATE BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE IS NOT CONNECTED TO OUR CURRENT PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

EnnisTx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#85 Postby EnnisTx » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Just Donated. :flag:
0 likes   

dhweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#86 Postby dhweather » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

Just dropped $60 in the barrel, I know what it takes to run a message board, been doing it for years, and it is time consuming and not cheap. Thanks to everyone who helps keep things running! Happy New Year!
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re:

#87 Postby tolakram » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:31 am

EnnisTx wrote:Just Donated. :flag:

Thanks for the donation!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#88 Postby tolakram » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:31 am

dhweather wrote:Just dropped $60 in the barrel, I know what it takes to run a message board, been doing it for years, and it is time consuming and not cheap. Thanks to everyone who helps keep things running! Happy New Year!

Thanks dhweather, happy new year!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#89 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 pm

dhweather wrote:Just dropped $60 in the barrel, I know what it takes to run a message board, been doing it for years, and it is time consuming and not cheap. Thanks to everyone who helps keep things running! Happy New Year!

Thanks for your continuing support!! :D
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#90 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:00 pm

EnnisTx wrote:Just Donated. :flag:

Thanks for your support!! Please check you messages.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

crownweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#91 Postby crownweather » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Just made a $10 donation and have set up a recurring monthly donation of $10 per month from here on out.
0 likes   
Rob Lightbown
Crown Weather Services
https://crownweather.com

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#92 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:14 am

crownweather wrote:Just made a $10 donation and have set up a recurring monthly donation of $10 per month from here on out.

YOU ROCK ROB!!!! Thanks so much for your continued support!! I consider you an integral part of our "network" of meteorologists!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#93 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Our current PayPal balance is $570.08. We are paid through February. That leaves us enough to get through May(to the start of hurricane season)if no more donations come in. That makes me uncomfortable after what we had to go through this past year to bring the site back up. I still have not paid myself back for the $1k+ I personally I paid to bring the site back up to date. If I don't ever get paid back it won't hurt me, but I know several places I could use that kind of money. Just putting it all out for everyone to see. I refuse to lie about the state of this site. I would feel much more comfortable if there were a 1 or better yet a 2 in front of the current amount available. Thanks to SC5, where our current server is located, we are enjoying a $60 a month saving over our old costs with more quite a bit more service than we got from our last host. The Phpbb upgrade has been completed and all seems to be going well. We are going to be adding advertisements to the site to generate funds, but that will not happen for a few more weeks. Nor will we be able to rely just on the advertisements for our revenue, so we still need everyone to continue donating what they can to keep the site running.
I have had quite a few supporters say they were going to make a monthly pledge yet I am aware of only one that comes in on a regular basis each month. If you really intended to do that please go back to PayPal and set it up. If you don't that is fine too, but it would be nice to not have to worry about our funding for a while. If we didn't then we might be able to add improvements to STORM2K.
For anyone reading this that cares to donate please use the donate button at the top of this forum or the donate buttons that are in my or CajunMama's signature. THE DONATE BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE IS NOT CONNECTED TO OUR CURRENT PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

TheAustinMan
Category 4
Category 4

#94 Postby TheAustinMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:14 pm

vbhoutex wrote:For anyone reading this that cares to donate please use the donate button at the top of this forum or the donate buttons that are in my or CajunMama's signature. THE DONATE BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE IS NOT CONNECTED TO OUR CURRENT PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Is there any way to change the link of the donate button on the main page?
0 likes   
ImageImageImage
- Treat my opinions with a grain of salt. For official information see your local weather service.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#95 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:56 pm

TheAustinMan wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:For anyone reading this that cares to donate please use the donate button at the top of this forum or the donate buttons that are in my or CajunMama's signature. THE DONATE BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE IS NOT CONNECTED TO OUR CURRENT PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Is there any way to change the link of the donate button on the main page?

Now that we are past the update we will be doing our best to either take that button down or replace it with a new one that does connect to ur current PayPal account.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

redneck51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#96 Postby redneck51 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Donation sent
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#97 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Our current PayPal balance is 516.00. that will pay our bills through May to the start of Hurricane season and then we are done unless more revenue comes in. I am done begging. The members know what they need to do if they wabt this site to continue.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#98 Postby Kingarabian » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Donated $500.00

Confirmation number: 29T16666UP206652B.

Let me know if it went through.
Last edited by Kingarabian on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#99 Postby CajunMama » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:46 pm

KingArabian, you are MORE than generous. Thank you very very much.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#100 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:06 pm

KINGARABIAN YOU FREAKING ROCK!!! YES IT DID GO THROUGH!!!! THANK YOU!!THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Return to “Winter Weather”