Colorado front range buried in snow next week?

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

Colorado front range buried in snow next week?

#1 Postby PTPatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Some of the models have latched on to a storm developing next week and cutting off somewhere in the visinity of the se Colorado plains to Kansas or NE NM. The GFS has now a few runs with good consistency showing 2-4 feet of upslope snow burying the Colorado front range urban corridor including Denver in the Monday to Wednesday Time frame. Canadian is on board too with slightly less. Now just waiting for Euro to come around. Anybody got access to Euro that can update on what it js showing? It had previously wanted to lift this out a little quicker?
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Colorado front range buried in snow next week?

#2 Postby South Texas Storms » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:27 pm

The Euro is showing a more progressive system with even less snow than it was previously forecasting for Colorado. It now shows Denver getting less than 1 inch of snow.

The GFS is much snowier.
0 likes   

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby PTPatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Agh! Bummer , was hoping for some agreement. I suspect we won't start to have model agreement for another day or so. The gfs is definitely a good storm for us here in Denver. I noticed NAM is starting to get into that time frame and seeing it too so will be interested to see what it says.
0 likes   

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby PTPatrick » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 pm

:cry:
Looks like storm went poof. Or at least it's no longer a monster. Gfs and nam are now scooting it out just like euro. Still a decent little storm overnight Monday perhaps. But prob more like 4-8 inches.
0 likes   

Dencolo
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby Dencolo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06 pm

And it's somewhat back. GFS and NAM really have tight QPF gradients. That is, it looks like those 10 miles apart could see some radically different snow totals.

I see about 1 to 1.25 inches of QPF for my location. Probably the most I've ever seen 24 hrs prior to the event without any advisories hoisted.
0 likes   

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby PTPatrick » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah the 0z models look like the backed the qpf into the urban corridor again with better longer upslope. Hard to tell for sure but looks like denver has about 1.25 to 1.5 in the south central part of the city. The sref plumes have gone up all day...now up to a mean of about 14 inches at DiA to 18 at Arapahoe. BJC is still just below ten inches on the plumes but that's a lot considering they were running around 3 earlier in the day.
0 likes   

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby PTPatrick » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:06 am

Blizzard watch hoisted for denver
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”