Lake effect snow vs Synoptic snow

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

#21 Postby Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:49 pm

ColdFront77 wrote:That is all I am going by, 6" of heavy wet snow and 6" of light fluffy snow are still six inches, no matter what the liquid equivalent is. There is really nothing that can be changed with the same snowfall amount aside from the fact that if it were melted the "rainfall equivalent."

Not sure how else to say what I mean. There is no reason for us not to agree with each other.

Hello Tom...............The only statement made about the difference of the two six inch snow amounts is the liquid ratio and that was all..................Your making the issue out of this...................

For one go back a look at your previous statement!
"There is no way to change six inches of heavy wet snow compared to six inches of fluffy snow."<--------Made by you Tom..........

I hope this helps and please read everything before jumping the gun please!!!! Thanks!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#22 Postby ColdFront77 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:41 pm

Harry, I did read the posts in this thread as I read each and every post in every thread.

I responded to what was on my mind, like everyone does.

Compacted and non-compacted snow that accumulates to the same amount is the same amount of snowfall.
0 likes   

Squall52
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#23 Postby Squall52 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:50 am

I agree 100% absolutely without a doubt that they are still the same amounts of snowfall. I mean, obviously, 6" measured will always be 6"...they don't go back and change the recorded amount after the snow has settled or melted or whatever :) ...that is an issue of depth. That has nothing to do with the fact that one man's 6" snowfall in Buffalo is not always the same from a compositional standpoint, as another man's 6" snowfall in Philly.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#24 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:47 pm

Thank you, Squall. :)

I didn't mean at all to make this an issue, I was adding my thoughts to the discussion. Sorry if I caused any problems doing so.
0 likes   

Squall52
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#25 Postby Squall52 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:53 pm

Who said we didn't agree with eachother? :)
0 likes   

#26 Postby Guest » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:12 pm

I agreed as well with the number amouts:) Only thing i thought that wasnt was the Liquid ratio..................Either way 6 inches is 6inches wet or dry just the water content is different:)
0 likes   

Anonymous

#27 Postby Anonymous » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:18 pm

Lake Effect Snow........Synoptic Snow........It's all good.......

Just BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dying to Dig!!!!!! My snow shovel is all ready!!!!!! The snow can compact all it wants to.......I am ready to Dig snow!!!!!

-Jeb
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”