Snow for the U.P. next week!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Snow for the U.P. next week!

#1 Postby wx247 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:53 pm

Looks like a decent shot of at least seeing the white stuff in the U.P. of Michigan by Monday night into Tuesday and Wednesday. Areas around International Falls and into the Arrowhead of Minnesota may see a few flakes Sunday into Monday as well.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

weatherlover427

#2 Postby weatherlover427 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:57 am

The first one of the season :) ... makes me wonder when I'll see my first rain.
0 likes   

luke42
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#3 Postby luke42 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:52 am

You got it! As a resident living in the U.P., there's a lot of talk about this first snowfall of the season. Many people are saying this is way too soon (considering that our winter is long enough as it is!), but really, it's not uncommon for the area to see some snow by October 1. According to the forecast discussion from the NWS of Marquette, some of the higher elevated areas may see measurable snow by Wednesday of this week. So, I'll keep you all posted if we do indeed see some of the white-stuff this week. :)
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:55 am

Thanks Luke. Indeed do that! :D I was curious about the average first snowfall. Do you know when that is?

Thanks!
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Winter Weather”