Amature Met in Training...

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Gothpunk-IL-WX
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Amature Met in Training...

#1 Postby Gothpunk-IL-WX » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:43 pm

Yep, That's right I'm an Amature Meteorologist in training if you will. I got a nice 400 dollar weather station, I know how to read computer models almost as good a professional, I know what most weather terms are, or have at least heard of them. I've lived in several locations in my short life time so far. I'm only a little bit young then 18, I turn 18 next month, month but I got most weather knowledge that some people won't pick up until college years. I do make mistakes and, hey i'm cool with that but I try to learn from them. I'm also a very active Skywarn Spotter for St. Louis, MO NWS WFO. The only problem is nothing really severe as ever happened at my house since I moved in Early June. Spotter Code St. Clair I163324. I showed this as proof that I'm not just lying about my status or anything like that. My forecast are generally good up to 200 miles from my home in southwestern Illinois, but then accuracy is lost after that. I've been to Charleston, SC, Dayton, OH and Now Near St. Louis, MO area. I do enjoy it here in the Saint Louis, MO area, I just only wish that the snows were a little heavier and more common! lol :) But what can I say? That's weather for you. So when you see my forecast they are to be heeded too, but they should be taken for no more then a heads up, unless I say that it's an event in progress although if it's that bad most people will be able to figure that out! LOL :D So once again hello, and I hope to be a great asset to the Storm2k Team especially as a midwestern Site forecaster or an amature Midwestern Met or sothing like that. Have a great night and watch that next week storm Midwesterners!
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#2 Postby Jagno » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Gothpunk; Welcome to Storm2k. We're looking forward to your posts. We all learn alot from one another and it sounds like you have alot to offer to everyone here. 8-)
0 likes   

W13
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby W13 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:57 pm

Welcome to Storm2K! I am sure that you will find these forums very informative, and you will learn a lot. Have fun! 8-)
0 likes   

Gothpunk-IL-WX
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#4 Postby Gothpunk-IL-WX » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:06 am

Thanks! I've been into weather ever since I was 5 years old!! When ever I watched the T.V when I was younger, the only thing I ever wanted to watch was the weather channel, and local weather and nothing else. Then when I got a computer and internet, I only of awhile only wanted to look at weather sites and nothing else. Even today about 60% of my daily computer time is spent on weather sites and forums like these.
0 likes   

AirmaN
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby AirmaN » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:15 am

Nice, welcome to the forums. I turn 19 monday... and I probably couldn't scratch the surface of what you know :oops: I'm just a freshman - Met. Major in college.
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#6 Postby Jagno » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:48 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIRMAN! :)
0 likes   

senorpepr
Military Met/Moderator
Military Met/Moderator

#7 Postby senorpepr » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:16 am

AirmaN wrote:Nice, welcome to the forums. I turn 19 monday... and I probably couldn't scratch the surface of what you know :oops: I'm just a freshman - Met. Major in college.

AirmaN... you're a met major? Don't you go to UNO? If so, I didn't know UNO had a program. Once I finish up with a few other classes, I may have to start going there.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”