Texas Fall 2019

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Fall 2019

#281 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Cpv17 wrote:For my central Texas friends, radar is looking good just to yalls west! Fingers crossed!!

I'm curious to know if Haris has gotten anything. I thought he was in the Dripping Springs area(?). They're getting hammered right now. I'm bone dry at the moment. Hoping my luck turns. Thoughts and prayers out to all my Houston and SE Texas friends. Crazy weather!
3 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#282 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm

SW side of Austin is getting a nice rain. Awesome!
3 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#283 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Maybe Portastorm and JDawg512 will also chime in with some nice totals(?). I'm watching it longingly to my south at work. Even further from house, although lightning bolts are showing up on my radar between my house and work. Could be a good thing(?).lol I'll chime in later whether or not I get anything out of this. Fingers crossed, but I'll be ok either way. :wink:
3 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#284 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 pm

The latest Euro looks a lot better for Texas. Well except SETX of course. Yikes.
4 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#285 Postby Portastorm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:12 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:Maybe Portastorm and JDawg512 will also chime in with some nice totals(?). I'm watching it longingly to my south at work. Even further from house, although lightning bolts are showing up on my radar between my house and work. Could be a good thing(?).lol I'll chime in later whether or not I get anything out of this. Fingers crossed, but I'll be ok either way. :wink:

I'm not home at the moment but the LCRA rain gauges which kinda triangulate over my area suggest we got about 1/4" of rain at my house. Will know more when I get home. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get! I hope weatherdude can catch some of it from those cells currently up in Williamson County.
1 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

utpmg
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#286 Postby utpmg » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Got a nice downpour at teh Gold's Gym near my house (35 and 290E) an hour ago, looked like maybe an inch? just guess. Back at my house east of 35 looked a little lest downpourishy.
1 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#287 Postby Haris » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:30 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:For my central Texas friends, radar is looking good just to yalls west! Fingers crossed!!

I'm curious to know if Haris has gotten anything. I thought he was in the Dripping Springs area(?). They're getting hammered right now. I'm bone dry at the moment. Hoping my luck turns. Thoughts and prayers out to all my Houston and SE Texas friends. Crazy weather!

I’m in Bee cave which is N of Dripping so I didn’t get to enjoy those bigger totals.

Poured for about 15 min or so and a 1/2” of rain. Not too bad. Not going to do a big dent or anything but won’t complain! Lots of frequent lightning as well. Hoping everyone else gets something too.
2 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#288 Postby CaptinCrunch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Finally got some rain today, still need a whole lot more to make a dent.
1 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#289 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:01 pm

1” yesterday and 3.2” today. 4.6” last week and 4.2” so far this week.
3 likes   

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#290 Postby CaptinCrunch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Cpv17 wrote:1” yesterday and 3.2” today. 4.6” last week and 4.2” so far this week.

Stop bragging :lol:
2 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#291 Postby Brent » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Cpv17 wrote:The latest Euro looks a lot better for Texas. Well except SETX of course. Yikes.

GFS looks better too next week for maybe a more widespread rain. Maybe the heat wont return in force like appeared a couple days ago.

And here was the Euro

1 likes   
#neversummer

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#292 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 pm

Brent wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:The latest Euro looks a lot better for Texas. Well except SETX of course. Yikes.

GFS looks better too next week for maybe a more widespread rain. Maybe the heat wont return in force like appeared a couple days ago.

https://i.ibb.co/cFNRLzb/gfs-apcpn-scus-34.png

And here was the Euro

https://i.ibb.co/R39cT6b/Screenshot-2019-09-19-18-27-28.png

We’ll have to watch out next week for another flood threat. Not sure exactly where at in Texas, but there’s definitely a possibility for it.
1 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#293 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Portastorm wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:Maybe Portastorm and JDawg512 will also chime in with some nice totals(?). I'm watching it longingly to my south at work. Even further from house, although lightning bolts are showing up on my radar between my house and work. Could be a good thing(?).lol I'll chime in later whether or not I get anything out of this. Fingers crossed, but I'll be ok either way. :wink:

I'm not home at the moment but the LCRA rain gauges which kinda triangulate over my area suggest we got about 1/4" of rain at my house. Will know more when I get home. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get! I hope weatherdude can catch some of it from those cells currently up in Williamson County.

I was hoping so, but I watched it fizzle to my south on radar on my way home from work. I, unfortunately didn't even get one drop at work or at the house. :roll:

I really thought it was coming! It even developed north of me in Leander! Then those also skirted east and fizzled. Ugh.

Maybe next week. Ah well. Glad you all got something. Better than 0.00" :)
1 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#294 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
Portastorm wrote:

I was hoping so, but I watched it fizzle to my south on radar on my way home from work. I, unfortunately didn't even get one drop at work or at the house. :roll:

I really thought it was coming! It even developed north of me in Leander! Then those also skirted east and fizzled. Ugh.

Maybe next week. Ah well. Glad you all got something. Better than 0.00" :)

Next week there looks to be more of a widespread event sweeping across Texas from w to e. There’s a chance it could stall out or move slowly and there could be training occurring. We’ll see.
2 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#295 Postby Haris » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Big storms in SA tonight. Extremely jealous.
3 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#296 Postby Brent » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 pm

still not much rain here, but this batch of mist is making the roads wet :lol:
0 likes   
#neversummer

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#297 Postby South Texas Storms » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 am

Haris wrote:Big storms in SA tonight. Extremely jealous.

Finally! Much needed there. Still running a rainfall deficit for the year.
0 likes   

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#298 Postby rwfromkansas » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 am

A few storms well east of DFW. I haven’t even had mist.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#299 Postby Ntxw » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am

There are sibling cyclones paralleling the Mexican west coast. Some of their high plume moisture is being streamed up. Now it's not yet effecting us, it may not. Now models can struggle with involving such features in a region that is not well sampled. The far western areas of the state and possibly parts of NW Texas may see some rainfall out of it, but it is signaling that the EPAC re-curve season has begun. The pattern will slowly change, we will get more trough into the west and in due time this will benefit us. It's slow but change is coming. Hang in there folks, October is on the way, the second wet season along and west of I-35.

5 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#300 Postby Portastorm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 am

:uarrow:

Great post! There is hope on the horizon. Death to the Death Ridge! :)
5 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”