Texas Fall 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2021

#461 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:38 am

Looks like a fair amount of rain coming to the region next week.

1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#462 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:47 am

Frosty this morning, got down to 37°F
3 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#463 Postby TheProfessor » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Makes sense with that SOI drop we saw this past week. Now if only we could get some good cold to go with it.
3 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#464 Postby Cpv17 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:37 pm

This next front doesn’t appear to be anything but a seasonal normal early November front. Nothing crazy like it was showing a few days ago.
0 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#465 Postby Haris » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 am

Cpv17 wrote:This next front doesn’t appear to be anything but a seasonal normal early November front. Nothing crazy like it was showing a few days ago.

Yeah and less rain too. Oh well
0 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#466 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:41 am

Much colder up here(were gonna be lucky to see much above 50 starting tomorrow) and it looks like at least DFW will get into it by mid week with highs struggling to the mid 50s. For early November that is quite cold considering average. Yeah maybe the snow hints are gone but what were the odds of that anyway this early
3 likes   
#neversummer

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#467 Postby Cpv17 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:00 am

Brent wrote:Much colder up here(were gonna be lucky to see much above 50 starting tomorrow) and it looks like at least DFW will get into it by mid week with highs struggling to the mid 50s. For early November that is quite cold considering average. Yeah maybe the snow hints are gone but what were the odds of that anyway this early

Looks like mid to upper 40’s for lows and mid to upper 60’s for highs across southeast TX with maybe 1-2” of rain late Wednesday into early Thursday. I’ll take it.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#468 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:48 am

Brent wrote:Much colder up here(were gonna be lucky to see much above 50 starting tomorrow) and it looks like at least DFW will get into it by mid week with highs struggling to the mid 50s. For early November that is quite cold considering average. Yeah maybe the snow hints are gone but what were the odds of that anyway this early

It's not common, but there has been September snow in the Panhandle before.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#469 Postby Texas Snowman » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Interesting tweet from Ryan Maue. We’re about four weeks away from being in the window of early winter mischief like 2013:

"The threat for climate-induced extreme winter storms again in Texas this winter remains very high & the state remains increasingly vulnerable to wobbling polar vortex "deep freeze". Double dip La Niña."
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#470 Postby aggiecutter » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:10 pm

:uarrow:
1 likes   

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#471 Postby Texas Snowman » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:28 pm

aggiecutter wrote::uarrow:
[url]https://i.ibb.co/9WLr9db/Weather.png [/url]

Yeah, loading up on the firewood. Thinking a lot lately about December 2013 and December 1989.
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

TropicalTundra
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#472 Postby TropicalTundra » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 pm

Texas Snowman wrote:Interesting tweet from Ryan Maue. We’re about four weeks away from being in the window of early winter mischief like 2013:

"The threat for climate-induced extreme winter storms again in Texas this winter remains very high & the state remains increasingly vulnerable to wobbling polar vortex "deep freeze". Double dip La Niña."

I swear this fall has literally been the exact same as last fall/winter….

50’s in September

Snow scare October

Boring, plain November and December.

Larry Cosgrove literally predicted winter weather early January last winter. In November. Whatever he says I’m going along with it :lol:
0 likes   
Summer's for hibernation, Winter’s my vacation

Please don't use my posts as forecast, I'm a complete meteorology noob! I just like cold weather, alright?

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#473 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:23 pm

Texas Snowman wrote:

Yeah, loading up on the firewood. Thinking a lot lately about December 2013 and December 1989.

Mike Morgan up in OKC(yeah I know)... Threw out December 1983 last night :double: :cold: :spam:

There's also been a met here talking about November December 2000 which I know was very cold and had several winter storms
3 likes   
#neversummer

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#474 Postby rwfromkansas » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:01 pm

Brent wrote:
Texas Snowman wrote:

Mike Morgan up in OKC(yeah I know)... Threw out December 1983 last night :double: :cold: :spam:

There's also been a met here talking about November December 2000 which I know was very cold and had several winter storms

I loved Dec. 2000 as a Kansas kid. Got a few snowstorms that weren’t big but kept piling up because the cold refused to let it melt. Remember sledding on a nearby pond with dad.
1 likes   

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#475 Postby CaptinCrunch » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Texas Snowman wrote:

I got a cord last weekend of well seasoned Oak mix. My supplier said he has already sold half of his stock which equaled what he sold all of last winter.
1 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#476 Postby Ntxw » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:04 pm

It's going to be a blocky winter. The winter storm chances will be there. Blocking, it's been happening, it's currently happening, and all long range indicators and guidance suggest it will continue.

Million dollar question is what are we going to block? Pacific air, polar air, or Arctic air? Can we time some cold with the blocking?
6 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#477 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Brent wrote:
Texas Snowman wrote:

What did Manic Mike say?
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#478 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:21 pm

Don't worry Y'all, my family has plans on when needing the Space Heaters for the Well house, I'm sure that the water & pipes would be fine this winter. :wink:

Since I'm the family & school Forecaster, they rely & count on me on when the time comes. I've warned my family & the school on the February 2021 Extreme Cold & Snow up to 2 weeks in advance.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#479 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:35 pm

CaptinCrunch wrote:
Texas Snowman wrote:

I got a cord last weekend of well seasoned Oak mix. My supplier said he has already sold half of his stock which equaled what he sold all of last winter.

I do believe that the La Nina makes the Polar Vortex less stable & can cause extreme cold to spill over a particular region, but where is the question, I'm keeping a sharp eye on the Teleconnections.

November 1st North America Teleconnections
PNA: Positive
PNA model trend: Expected to be generally Positive/Sub-Positive for the next several days.

NAO: Negative
NAO Model Trend: Expected to be generally Negative for most of this month

AO: Negative
AO Model Trend: Becoming Positive within the next couple of days & staying generally Positive for the next several Days afterword.

Link for Ensemble Model trends: https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/teleconnections.shtml

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#480 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:46 pm

18z GFS :double: :froze: :cold: :froze:

LINK: https://s1.gifyu.com/images/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_scus_52.png

LINK: https://s10.gifyu.com/images/gfs_T2m_scus_56.png

Is developing consistency of a very chilly blast somewhere in that time frame, first started to develop the consistency since the 6z run.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”