Possible Rain/Snow for SE TX next Saturday......hmmmm

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

Possible Rain/Snow for SE TX next Saturday......hmmmm

#1 Postby KatDaddy » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:09 am

Possible snow for much of Texas eastward to South Carolina?

I have just viewed the 10 day MRF which a significant cool down with precip.

http://itg1.meteor.wisc.edu/wxp_images/ ... y_g211.gif
http://itg1.meteor.wisc.edu/wxp_images/ ... y_g211.gif

I have also checked TWC maps for next Friday and Saturday

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

#2 Postby bfez1 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:49 am

Just rain for New Orleans, darn it :cry:
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

Things Could Change

#3 Postby KatDaddy » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:38 am

This event should it even materialize is a week away. Who knows maybe 10" snowfall from Houston to New Orleans to Jacksonville

What an event that would be!

Well I can still dream like everyone else and this looks be Houston's chance for a wintery mix.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby bfez1 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:25 pm

KatDaddy, I sure hope it materializes. Cause I am still wishing for snow here in New Orleans. :lol:
0 likes   

Katdaddy....get back with me in 6 days

#5 Postby Guest » Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:29 pm

and I have the feeling the models will all have changed and the cold and the precip won't meet up and give us our winter precip we have been wishcasting for so hard.

I don't see how we can have anymore winter - its been so warm for the last week here in Houston - seems like spring is already of the way if you ask me?

Did the groundhog see his shadow - will we have 6 more weeks of winter or is spring around the corner.

Patricia
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#6 Postby southerngale » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:01 pm

Unfortunately, the models will probably change as usual and no chance of snow for us. OF COURSE I HOPE WE GET SNOW!!! I just hate getting my hopes up....again. :(

But if I hear it a few times, I'm sure I'll get sucked right back into the wishmobile again. :roll:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby bfez1 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:35 pm

70 degrees here right now. But I am hoping we get one more good blast of cold air here before Spring officially arrives.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

HMMMM???? is right KatDaddy!!

#8 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:36 am

I've been looking at the models trying to get a handle on the next two weeks. Looks like rain tomorrow and a 1 day blast to 32F and then a slight slow warm up till thursday when the real cold hits for a few days. With rain in the forecast and temps in the high 30's predicted I'm afraid all I see is our usual freezing azz cold rain or drizzle when we are down here dancing and waving and screaming for snow if it is going to be this darned cold!!!

However on the 12th as temps drop throught the 30's for a possible two day freeze in the Houston area we will still be having some precipitation and may see some light snow then. Of course with that still 9 days out it could change significantly, though it has been consistent for the last two days. AS USUAL, IN THE SOUTH TIMING IS EVERYTHING when we talk winter type precip. We will have to wait and see!!! Unfortunately(I guess), Ticka Puxatawny Phil was right because we are definitely looking at another couple of weeks of cool to cold weather here in Houston.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:40 am

well maybe you all will still get to see snow :roll: :wink: , though I doubt it
0 likes   

Look at the maps today - MONDAY

#10 Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:20 am

They have already changed - its not going to snow this weekend or any this winter - it just isn't cold enough down here.

With all the warm weather we have had the last week - things are too warm for a major artic blast - sorry folks - but I think spring has sprung here in Texas and the south and winter is a thing of the past.

Ticka1
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:35 am

Have faith Ticka weather is very unpredictable :wink: But I kind of agree with you. I am ready for spring :wink:
0 likes   

wrkh99

#12 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:36 am

spring is for dorks !!!! Who really wants to deal with bugs and humidity?

We never have spring in AL . It goes from winter to summer :(
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

I'm joining Ticka!!! I'm boycotting the Long Range models!!!

#13 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:52 pm

Once again I have been made to look a fool by believing what I see in long range models(even though I always caution they may not verify)! NO MORE!!!! THEY SHALL NOT MAKE ME LOOK AT A LONG RANGE MODEL AGAIN!!! :grrr:

From one run to the next they have taken away any chance for snow or even a cold rain over the next two weeks. Looks like we will be rainy for the next two weeks, but temps will never get below 40.

Ah Well!! I should have known!! :oops: :roll:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:01 pm

wrkh99 wrote:spring is for dorks !!!! Who really wants to deal with bugs and humidity?
I am not a dork, I just am sick of the cold weather, thats why I live in Florida :x BTW summer is when the bugs and humidity are a problem, not spring, dork :wink:
0 likes   

wrkh99

#15 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:10 pm

We never have a spring in AL . It goes from Winter to summer in about 1 week .
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#16 Postby southerngale » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:41 pm

According to our local forecast for this weekend, we have highs of 37 and 38 for Friday and Saturday with 100% chance of rain on Fri. and 90% chance on Saturday. SOUNDS LIKE COLD RAIN TO ME! Now if they are off just a couple of degrees, which they frequently are, why wouldn't we get snow???

With readings expected to be near freezing, we will have to closely monitor the situation for possible freezing rain especially over our northern counties.

Here's the link:
http://www.kfdm1.com/weather.shtml
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rainband

#17 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:10 pm

Our summer stinks thats why I like spring. :wink: Cool temps and low electric bills.. :lol: :lol: The only thing that stinks more than humidity is high electric bills :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:49 pm

Rainband's a "Summer Wimp" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Rainband

#19 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:51 pm

I don't mind summer as long as I have AC and cold beer :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”