Hottest October day ever

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Scott Patterson
Category 2
Category 2

Hottest October day ever

#1 Postby Scott Patterson » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Today was the hottest October day ever in Craig history and the record was broken by a long shot.
The official high today was 86F. The old record for October was 82F set on October 1st and 3rd 2010. We were also only two degrees from the warmest station in the state today. Usually we're one of the coolest.

Records go back to 1894.
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2 Postby Extratropical94 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:00 am

Wow, thats fascinating. I had to remove ice from my car this morning for the first time this fall due to foggy conditions and a low of 31F. :D
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

Scott Patterson
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Hottest October day ever

#3 Postby Scott Patterson » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:18 am

I had to remove ice from my car this morning for the first time this fall due to foggy conditions and a low of 31F. :D

Our normal low for this time of year is 29F, so we should be freezing on most nights. Yesterday we had a low of 47F, which was the second warmest low in October.

The coldest we've gotten in October is -1F (in September the coldest is 10F), but we're a long way from that!
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”