Texas Fall-2016

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Texas Fall-2016

#1 Postby Tireman4 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 am

I, like Porta, wanted to get this out of the way. :)
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Texas Fall-2016

#2 Postby Ntxw » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:12 am

32 days until meteorological fall and we move over to this thread :P. It'll be here before you know it
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Tireman4 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:26 pm

From your lips to Mother Nature's ears
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Brent » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:03 pm

I can already envision that cool crisp air :D
0 likes   
#neversummer

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby gpsnowman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

In other news, Dave Schwartz from the Weather Channel has passed away. I remember him from around the time around my early 20's until he went away a few years ago until he came back not long ago. He looked different upon his return and I did not know just how sick he was until now. God Bless.
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Tireman4 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

When do we start our contest on the first "cold" front? How do we define cold? :)
0 likes   

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby gboudx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:15 pm

For reference, this is the gist of what Ntxw posted for last Fall:

For the three major stations (DFW- Dallas, IAH- Houston, and KAUS- Austin) predict when you believe the temperature will first fall at 59F or below. I selected this number because typically that does not happen until after the fall equinox and essentially it takes a significant front to do so and consider it "chilly" :cheesy:.
0 likes   

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#8 Postby somethingfunny » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

September 23 :P
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:48 am

Hello Fall:) :cold:
0 likes   

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby Ralph's Weather » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:12 am

I am gonna go with Sept 21st for the first 59. I expect it to correspond to a recurving typhoon as usual. I'll say Oct 12th for the first 49. Heck while I'm at it I'll say Nov 8th for the first freeze. Looks like we will be looking at a -EPO and cool ENSO cold season so repeated cold shots and near normal precip seems likely. So glad it is finally Fall though early Sept in Texas is not really Fall like, but it is on the doorstep.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:39 am

Good morning meteorological Fall!! :D Looking forward to the the transition to cool nights, and less hot days.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#12 Postby Ntxw » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:56 am

Hello Meteorological fall! We will continue our transition as we have been doing for the past year (Sept-Oct-Nov in this case). Time to wake up the gang and start taunting the bear :D

DFW (and northeast TX) will get taste this weekend with drier air so while temps are in the 80s it will feel quite comfortable. For the rest of Texas still working on it. Hoping to get an early front this month to blast into the gulf! Also regular season football kicks off soon and postseason baseball is coming. Ahh what a great time of year it is
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

texas1836
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#13 Postby texas1836 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:14 am

This is also my favorite time of this forum. I'm hoping for a good cold early Fall and a long Winter. 24" of snow in McKinney, and I'm happy.

Question; Do you think the harsh Winter that took place in the southern hemisphere could be a sign of what to expect in the north? I'm not sure if it can be related.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#14 Postby Ntxw » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:41 am

texas1836 wrote:This is also my favorite time of this forum. I'm hoping for a good cold early Fall and a long Winter. 24" of snow in McKinney, and I'm happy.

Question; Do you think the harsh Winter that took place in the southern hemisphere could be a sign of what to expect in the north? I'm not sure if it can be related.

If it is, probably coincidence. Though maybe the cold neutral signal is cold down there too? Would be something someone might want to look into. In theory though they shouldn't since the two hemispheres seasons are opposites and independent of one amother
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 am

[quote="Ntxw"]Hello Meteorological fall! We will continue our transition as we have been doing for the past year (Sept-Oct-Nov in this case). Time to wake up the gang and start taunting the bear :D

If you can pull him away from the Tropical Threads!!!
0 likes   

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby gboudx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:39 am

Tireman4 wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Hello Meteorological fall! We will continue our transition as we have been doing for the past year (Sept-Oct-Nov in this case). Time to wake up the gang and start taunting the bear :D

He has the patience of a saint by posting on that discussion thread. I try to read it and give up. Too many know-it-alls who have no idea of meteorology but think since they can view a model output on the internet, they are an expert. Or watch every frame of every radar, sat pic, model run and know exactly what's happening and why the NHC is wrong. I wish we still had that Tropical Analysis forum where mostly only pro's and experienced amateurs posted.
2 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:10 am

gboudx wrote:
Tireman4 wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Hello Meteorological fall! We will continue our transition as we have been doing for the past year (Sept-Oct-Nov in this case). Time to wake up the gang and start taunting the bear :D

He has the patience of a saint by posting on that discussion thread. I try to read it and give up. Too many know-it-alls who have no idea of meteorology but think since they can view a model output on the internet, they are an expert. Or watch every frame of every radar, sat pic, model run and know exactly what's happening and why the NHC is wrong. I wish we still had that Tropical Analysis forum where mostly only pro's and experienced amateurs posted.

I know. I had to get off watching it. I still wish that the moderators would make it manditory for the disclaimer. Folks will read what the newbies/amateurs are saying and take it for gospel.
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#18 Postby TheProfessor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 am

Happy fall everyone! :D It's finally going to be a bit cooler for a couple of days here, it's been warm and muggy for the last week. Unfortunately it looks like high pressure is going to rule the plains for the next week or so.
1 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#19 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 am

TheProfessor wrote:Happy fall everyone! :D It's finally going to be a bit cooler for a couple of days here, it's been warm and muggy for the last week. Unfortunately it looks like high pressure is going to rule the plains for the next week or so.

Good luck for your sophomore year at the Horseshoe!!
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#20 Postby TheProfessor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:29 am

Tireman4 wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:Happy fall everyone! :D It's finally going to be a bit cooler for a couple of days here, it's been warm and muggy for the last week. Unfortunately it looks like high pressure is going to rule the plains for the next week or so.

Good luck for your sophomore year at the Horseshoe!!

Thanks
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”