Possible Pac NW Record Breaking Storm

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
TPAcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Possible Pac NW Record Breaking Storm

#1 Postby TPAcane » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm

I was just informed by a friend that lives in Friday Harbor, WA of a potential storm to rival their 1962 windstorm. This is from what NWS is saying, is post tropical Typhoon Songda. If it crosses Western WA on Saturday, they are expecting quite a bit of disruption as it should b around 958-960mb. If this does hit, how would this affect downstream weather, jet stream config, buckles, ect.
0 likes   

Floodo_Is_My_Hero
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: Possible Pac NW Record Breaking Storm

#2 Postby Floodo_Is_My_Hero » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Not sure that this is the right way to do this...

https://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxloop.cgi?wrfd1_slp+//84/3

I live near Portland and it has been a wild day so far. 10 tornado warning were issued by the NWS for the coastal areas already today...and the last time before today that a tornado warning had been issued was November 23, 2014! And even more impressive is that the NWS has only issued 5 tornado warnings since 2005 and no more than 2 in one day! And tomorrow is supposed to be the bad day... :eek:
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”