Texas Spring 2017

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Message
Author
Cpv17
Category 4
Category 4
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1401 Postby Cpv17 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:15 pm

San Antonio area getting hit again. That's two days in a row for them now.
1 likes   

User avatar
South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Posts: 3137
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:28 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1402 Postby South Texas Storms » Wed May 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Cpv17 wrote:San Antonio area getting hit again. That's two days in a row for them now.


Sure is! I could get used to this :wink:

SE TX has a good chance of rain tomorrow.
0 likes   

User avatar
bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:00 am
Location: Collin County Texas

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1403 Postby bubba hotep » Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Brent wrote:In other news DFW about to close out with 4th driest May on record. If that doesn't make you concerned about summer...


If you told me that back in April then I would have told you that May was going to be a scorcher. However... DFW is close or slightly above normal but the state as a whole had a below normal May.

Image
1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

User avatar
Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator
Posts: 15940
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: DFW, Texas

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1404 Postby Ntxw » Wed May 31, 2017 10:13 pm

bubba hotep wrote:
Brent wrote:In other news DFW about to close out with 4th driest May on record. If that doesn't make you concerned about summer...


If you told me that back in April then I would have told you that May was going to be a scorcher. However... DFW is close or slightly above normal but the state as a whole had a below normal May.

http://www.prism.oregonstate.edu/inc/im ... ts=2017531


It's been a cool May for most of the US and probably will happen first half of June also. But these digging troughs won't keep coming through August with staying power and soil/vegetation feedback with the Sonoran/Bermuda ridges plays a much bigger role post summer solstice. As you said earlier it's either going to be wet and warm or it's going to be dry and hot JJA.

Side note some scattered rain activity in the NW counties so maybe the HRRR was on to a little something.

We'll also be shifting to the Summer thread tomorrow.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

  Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

User avatar
bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:00 am
Location: Collin County Texas

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1405 Postby bubba hotep » Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 pm

Ntxw wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:
Brent wrote:In other news DFW about to close out with 4th driest May on record. If that doesn't make you concerned about summer...


If you told me that back in April then I would have told you that May was going to be a scorcher. However... DFW is close or slightly above normal but the state as a whole had a below normal May.

http://www.prism.oregonstate.edu/inc/im ... ts=2017531


It's been a cool May for most of the US and probably will happen first half of June also. But these digging troughs won't keep coming through August with staying power and soil/vegetation feedback with the Sonoran/Bermuda ridges plays a much bigger role post summer solstice. As you said earlier it's either going to be wet and warm or it's going to be dry and hot JJA.

Side note some scattered rain activity in the NW counties so maybe the HRRR was on to a little something.

We'll also be shifting to the Summer thread tomorrow.


The CPC has shifted to a cooler wetter look for June. I agree, I'm not sure how we stay "cooler" in July in August without really building some soil moisture. The real story has been how stubborn the Pacific pattern has been with a constantly active jet basically just doing "rinse & repeat"

Image
1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

User avatar
Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator
Posts: 15940
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: DFW, Texas

Re: Texas Spring 2017

#1406 Postby Ntxw » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:44 am

This thread will be closed for discussion as we have transitioned to the Summer thread for June-July-August. All posts not relating to reanalysis of spring will be moved. Thank you all :D

Texas Summer Thread
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.



  Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K



Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnnularCane, Brent and 16 guests