Texas Summer 2017

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Summer 2017

#801 Postby JDawg512 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:08 pm

One thing that I'm glad of is we keep seeing weaknesses in the ridge on and off throughout this summer. At least there's a little light stratoform rain falling and the sun is hidden behind clouds.
3 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#802 Postby Brent » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:18 pm

GFS looks unsettled and below normal temps for most of the first week of august

Not many more weeks left before the averages start dropping
4 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#803 Postby Ntxw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:57 pm

DFW's high so far today has been 92 and though dew points are high, sitting in the shade with a slight breeze actually felt OK, for peak summer. A little rain goes a long way...heat advisories have returned for the next few days but hopefully not long lasting.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#804 Postby bubba hotep » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Euro Weeklies are below/above all the way into September, it's like the pattern flips this weekend and summer never recovers :double:

There are persistently lower heights along the Eastern US through most of the period with the mean ridge to our west. That keeps Texas in a favorable flow pattern resulting in numerous rain chances and lower temps.
4 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#805 Postby Brent » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 pm

bubba hotep wrote:Euro Weeklies are below/above all the way into September, it's like the pattern flips this weekend and summer never recovers :double:

There are persistently lower heights along the Eastern US through most of the period with the mean ridge to our west. That keeps Texas in a favorable flow pattern resulting in numerous rain chances and lower temps.

Wouldn't it be something if like dallas is done with the 100s after this week? It seems crazy but most of this summer has been crazy

I just hope this is a sign of things to come later in the fall and the winter active and below normal temps
2 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#806 Postby Ntxw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Brent wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:Euro Weeklies are below/above all the way into September, it's like the pattern flips this weekend and summer never recovers :double:

Wouldn't it be something if like dallas is done with the 100s after this week? It seems crazy but most of this summer has been crazy

I just hope this is a sign of things to come later in the fall and the winter active and below normal temps

Now that you said that, we'll get 100 in Sept. I've learned the hard way :lol:
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#807 Postby Brent » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Brent wrote:

Now that you said that, we'll get 100 in Sept. I've learned the hard way :lol:

:roflmao:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#808 Postby Ntxw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 am

Both Euro and GFS runs have cooler than normal anomalies to start August.
2 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#809 Postby bubba hotep » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 am

Both the 00z Euro & EPS keep DFW below 100 for the remainder of the werk.
1 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#810 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Flirting with upper 90s/low 100s here in Houston later this week, but I'm not betting on the 100s with the boundary we have hanging around between us and you guys in DFW. HUMIDITY on the other hand has us close to our feels like alert levels(108f) almost every day. I could handle some fall like temps and rain, not major storms, on a more regular basis. I know, I know, watch out what you ask for!! :eek: :lol:
1 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#811 Postby South Texas Storms » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 pm

12z models continue to look wet across much of Texas next week. Euro and Canadian are wettest, showing some pretty widespread totals of 2-4 inches.
3 likes   

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#812 Postby bubba hotep » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:08 pm

The 12z Euro might be the single greatest run ever for the beginning of August. Basically the whole state is soaked lol
4 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#813 Postby Ntxw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Its interesting the upper trough on the Euro along with potential Jova cruising the western MX coast. Furthest east cane in that basin so far if true. There will be a strong CCKW crossing in from the EPAC with lots of rising motion
3 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Tejas89
Category 1
Category 1

#814 Postby Tejas89 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Our usual mid-to-late summer highs just can't seem to latch on this summer. It's too much to ask for a rainy August, but hoping the up and down pattern sticks around at least!
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#815 Postby Portastorm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 pm

bubba hotep wrote:The 12z Euro might be the single greatest run ever for the beginning of August. Basically the whole state is soaked lol

Shows 4 1/2 inches of rain for Austin within the next 10 days, along with highs in the 80s by Aug. 5-6. I won't say that I hope it is on to something as I think the Euro is ON SOMETHING right now. LOL.

You're drunk Euro ... go home! :lol:
3 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

#816 Postby JDawg512 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Portastorm wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:The 12z Euro might be the single greatest run ever for the beginning of August. Basically the whole state is soaked lol

Shows 4 1/2 inches of rain for Austin within the next 10 days, along with highs in the 80s by Aug. 5-6. I won't say that I hope it is on to something as I think the Euro is ON SOMETHING right now. LOL.

You're drunk Euro ... go home! :lol:

I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet. I'd be more confident if my rain machine was in working condition. I haven't been able to get it running lately. Gotta order some parts...
1 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#817 Postby Ntxw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

High of *only* 96F today. Heat cranks up tomorrow for the weekend. Saturday into Sunday should be interesting. Dew points will drop into the low 60s and 50s with a northeast wind. So while mid to upper 90s it will feel quite comfortable through early next week.
1 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#818 Postby gpsnowman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:17 pm

:uarrow:
Yep, the rain this summer has been awesome to say the least. But I wouldn't mind a few days with heat and lower humidity. Just to balance things out. Picky picky, I know.
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#819 Postby WeatherGuesser » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Brent wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:Euro Weeklies are below/above all the way into September,

pattern resulting in numerous rain chances and lower temps.

Temps below, precip above is fine for warmer months, not for NDJF and sometimes M.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#820 Postby Brent » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I don't think I ever expected the Euro of all models to show highs in the mid 70s in Dallas in early August

:roflmao:

I mean... mid 70s for a LOW is pretty unusual even!

Going to Seattle next Thursday and at this rate it might be warmer there.. :lol:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”