Texas Summer 2017

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Summer 2017

#701 Postby Brent » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Looks like DFW didn't make it... 99 is all I see...

Edit: Oh well lol
Last edited by Brent on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
#neversummer

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#702 Postby South Texas Storms » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Brent wrote:Looks like DFW didn't make it... 99 is all I see...

Nope DFW hit 100 in between hours. 3:23 PM in the Climate Report.
0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#703 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:19 pm

97 here at TPB weather center. Hottest day of the year.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#704 Postby Ntxw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Brent wrote:Looks like DFW didn't make it... 99 is all I see...

Usually a min or max between the hours will show up 3hr max/min there vs the :53 hr reading

Edit:STS posted it, between readings
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#705 Postby 1900hurricane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Also checking in for the 100ºF roll call today.
0 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#706 Postby South Texas Storms » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 pm

This pattern is brutal. Fall can't get here soon enough.
1 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#707 Postby Ntxw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:44 am

0Z GFS has many 100s for DFW with 0.01" of rain. Peaks at 106. The furnace is on. Looks like heat miser left the Kiln door open
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#708 Postby TheProfessor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 am

I just hope that when I head back to Ohio in a month or so they won't be in a record breaking heat wave or something. I'm hoping to get some immediate relief when I leave Texas. The whole Northern Plains and Midwest area has been getting a lot of rain the last month or so and if a heat wave passes through there it's likely going to be pretty humid as well.
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#709 Postby Brent » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 am

Ntxw wrote:0Z GFS has many 100s for DFW with 0.01" of rain. Peaks at 106. The furnace is on. Looks like heat miser left the Kiln door open

The 0z GFS was definitely the worst run I've seen of the summer... I didn't even count the number of 100's... but fair to say we get close to the average of 18 by August 5th this run. :roll: oh and it doesn't get below 83 at night... when is fall again?

2 weeks I'll be in Seattle at least. Hoping it won't be much above 80. :lol:

0z Euro also has the heat wave again... several 100's next week peaking near 105 next Saturday...
0 likes   
#neversummer

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#710 Postby South Texas Storms » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:26 am

I really wish that heat ridge would park itself somewhere other than Texas every summer. Definitely my least favorite time of the year.
3 likes   

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#711 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 am

South Texas Storms wrote:This pattern is brutal. Fall can't get here soon enough.

knowing our string of bad luck with cool or cold weather, fall will probably be just as warm. :cry:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#712 Postby Ntxw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 am

Already mid 80s here at 8AM. Going to be another hot day. In the words Oprah once said...you get 100..you get 100..YOU get a 100..everybody gets 100! :lol:
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#713 Postby bubba hotep » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am

The typically conservative EPS has a high of 103 at DFW on 7/28...
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#714 Postby weatherdude1108 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

This is more encouraging at least. Have to wait a while.

3-4 week

August

July, August, and September
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#715 Postby gpsnowman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm

It can't be repeated enough on this forum because I feel everyone's pain, but this is the worst part of the year. Just awful going outside to even check the mail. I loathe summer heat. Disgusting weather, sweating indoors. I trick myself every year thinking I want to move to a cooler locale every summer but then autumn arrives and the everything weather wise is ok for 8 months. DFW weather is great for 67% percent of the year, maybe more. The other 33% or less is just brutal, messing with my head. Someone mentioned this earlier, but the older I get, the more I despise summer heat.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#716 Postby Ntxw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:01 pm

gpsnowman wrote:It can't be repeated enough on this forum because I feel everyone's pain, but this is the worst part of the year. Just awful going outside to even check the mail. I loathe summer heat. Disgusting weather, sweating indoors. I trick myself every year thinking I want to move to a cooler locale every summer but then autumn arrives and the everything weather wise is ok for 8 months. DFW weather is great for 67% percent of the year, maybe more. The other 33% or less is just brutal, messing with my head. Someone mentioned this earlier, but the older I get, the more I despise summer heat.

People who say summer is their favorite season, obviously have not spent a summer in DFW. I've spent summers in both Atlanta and Vegas, they are extremes of the two evils (dry heat and humidity heat). Texas is a cross of both, and it can be 90s year round.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#717 Postby Cpv17 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

I know I'm in the minority on here, but summertime is my favorite season. You get to go on vacations with family, go to the beaches, go fishing, go to the lakes, go camping at places like Garner State Park, and you get to see tons of beautiful women wearing not many clothes lol. I for one can tolerate the heat much better than I can the cold, but I will say that cold weather does excite me because I love extreme weather events. Like last winter here in Wharton it got down to 19 degrees here one morning with wind chills in the single digits. Even though it was super cold for me I thought it was a really neat and cool experience. And if there's a chance for it to snow here then I'm all for the cold.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#718 Postby Brent » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Ntxw wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:It can't be repeated enough on this forum because I feel everyone's pain, but this is the worst part of the year. Just awful going outside to even check the mail. I loathe summer heat. Disgusting weather, sweating indoors. I trick myself every year thinking I want to move to a cooler locale every summer but then autumn arrives and the everything weather wise is ok for 8 months. DFW weather is great for 67% percent of the year, maybe more. The other 33% or less is just brutal, messing with my head. Someone mentioned this earlier, but the older I get, the more I despise summer heat.

People who say summer is their favorite season, obviously have not spent a summer in DFW. I've spent summers in both Atlanta and Vegas, they are extremes of the two evils (dry heat and humidity heat). Texas is a cross of both, and it can be 90s year round.

I know some people here in DFW who like summer and I don't get it...

I'm just gonna start taking vacations every year at the hottest time of year probably til I get sick of this and move north lol
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#719 Postby Ntxw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Cpv17 wrote:I know I'm in the minority on here, but summertime is my favorite season. You get to go on vacations with family, go to the beaches, go fishing, go to the lakes, go camping at places like Garner State Park, and you get to see tons of beautiful women wearing not many clothes lol. I for one can tolerate the heat much better than I can the cold, but I will say that cold weather does excite me because I love extreme weather events. Like last winter here in Wharton it got down to 19 degrees here one morning with wind chills in the single digits. Even though it was super cold for me I thought it was a really neat and cool experience. And if there's a chance for it to snow here then I'm all for the cold.

That's the thing, summer is great if you can go somewhere else to escape the heat and cool off than at home. But if you are working during or in it, it's hellish at home and electric bills are to the roof from AC. You can't even open your car without getting third degree burns.

Which brings back the point for those who love summer, is usually not spent at home in the horrid midsummer heat.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#720 Postby Cpv17 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:I know I'm in the minority on here, but summertime is my favorite season. You get to go on vacations with family, go to the beaches, go fishing, go to the lakes, go camping at places like Garner State Park, and you get to see tons of beautiful women wearing not many clothes lol. I for one can tolerate the heat much better than I can the cold, but I will say that cold weather does excite me because I love extreme weather events. Like last winter here in Wharton it got down to 19 degrees here one morning with wind chills in the single digits. Even though it was super cold for me I thought it was a really neat and cool experience. And if there's a chance for it to snow here then I'm all for the cold.

That's the thing, summer is great if you can go somewhere else to escape the heat and cool off than at home. But if you are working during or in it, it's hellish at home and electric bills are to the roof from AC. You can't even open your car without getting third degree burns.

Which brings back the point for those who love summer, is usually not spent at home in the horrid midsummer heat.

Yeah that's true. I used to work in the oilfield. I had to put up with the heat and the cold. They both sucked to me.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”