Texas Fall 2017

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1081 Postby Ralph's Weather » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Brent wrote:cold is well and good but we need rain

I hope for both, though the rain will likely be in short supply with the cold eastern Pacific we have. Some SW troughing should help get us some moisture though.
1 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#1082 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Looks like snow in the area on Pearl Harbor Day, well the Edwards plateau area and points south/east of the Big Bend in Mexico. Can't wait! :P

1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#1083 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 pm

More optimistic QPF chances with north Texas, with one to two inch possibilities over the next two weeks. One inch or less probabilities in central parts of the state. Houston metro area gets about an inch. All subject to change in the next run.

0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#1084 Postby aggiecutter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm

0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#1085 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 am

Good morning. I'll just leave this right here.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#1086 Postby aggiecutter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 am

:uarrow: Most of the mid-range models are showing a big arctic outbreak for the early to mid December range.
1 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1087 Postby Portastorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am

:uarrow:

I hate to poo-poo on the parade but I have noticed a trend of the models showing a large trough over the eastern CONUS and a cutoff low, only to then blend the two into one large trough over the east and no cutoff low. I see what y'all are showing there but ... well ... I'm skeptical right now that it will verify. And it really sucks because we are getting desperate for rain.
1 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#1088 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 am

Portastorm wrote::uarrow:

I hate to poo-poo on the parade but I have noticed a trend of the models showing a large trough over the eastern CONUS and a cutoff low, only to then blend the two into one large trough over the east and no cutoff low. I see what y'all are showing there but ... well ... I'm skeptical right now that it will verify. And it really sucks because we are getting desperate for rain.

Correct, typically when they say "Polar Vortex," it doesnt mean crazy cold for us, it's more east based. I'm more excited of the the blocking signal that keeps popping up. Cold air is coming down for sure.

We may get a one off event or two with big rain, but you know that during la nina we cant expect much rain. Water restrictions will be coming in the spring im sure.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#1089 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

:eek:

0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#1090 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

:lol:
5 likes   

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#1091 Postby aggiecutter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 pm

:uarrow:
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1092 Postby Ntxw » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to post in this thread and then will be closed for open discussion. Much talk is already in the winter thread as December looks to be interesting ahead!
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

ngturner1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1093 Postby ngturner1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Quick Link to "Texas Winter 2017-2018":
http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=118636
1 likes   

JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

#1094 Postby JDawg512 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Well this will be my last post in this thread. I'm one angry rain miser right now. Not a drop of rain to finish out November... Grrr. :grrr:
0 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1095 Postby gpsnowman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:38 am

Adios Texas Fall. You were too warm and dry. Now on to a cold and wet winter!!!!
2 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1096 Postby Portastorm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 am

The good thing I can say about Fall 2017 is that the leaves in my part of the world changed color earlier this autumn than last one. So that is a good thing. And I had a nice cold morning on Thanksgiving when I got up at 4 am and started smoking the traditional brisket and turkey for patrons of the Portastorm Weather Center. So there's that. LOL. Otherwise, yeah, no rain ... adios autumn. Bring on the cold and wet!
2 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1097 Postby Ntxw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm going to make the call a little early time wise but most discussion is already over in the winter thread anyway..so with that

This thread is now Closed for discussion as we have transitioned to the Winter thread for December-January-February. All general discussion posts will be moved. Thank you all as we close out meteorological Fall :D

If you need to find the thread ngturner1 has the hotlink above
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”