Texas Fall 2017

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Message
Author
weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 3161
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Austin/Cedar Park, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1021 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 am

gpsnowman wrote:Boring pattern as far as the eye can see. 60's and 70's with no rain for a while. Yeah!! :roll:


La Nina? :roll:
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 33150
Age: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1022 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:01 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:Boring pattern as far as the eye can see. 60's and 70's with no rain for a while. Yeah!! :roll:


La Nina? :roll:


lol if it wasn't for Harvey would there have been any real weather this year? :lol:

and Harvey was just some sprinkles and clouds in DFW

At least the summer was wet.
Last edited by Brent on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
#neversummer

User avatar
starsfan65
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 417
Age: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Garland,Tx

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1023 Postby starsfan65 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Brent wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:Boring pattern as far as the eye can see. 60's and 70's with no rain for a while. Yeah!! :roll:


La Nina? :roll:


lol if it wasn't for Harvey would there have been any real weather this year? :lol:

and Harvey was just some sprinkles and clouds in

At least the summer was wet.
I hate warm weather!!
0 likes   

User avatar
bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1836
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:00 am
Location: Collin County Texas

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1024 Postby bubba hotep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

That's probably it for this thread. Euro has given up on the big western trough in the longer range in favor of the zonal pattern that has been ruling our weather. That probably also does in the 1st week of December. Maybe something will change by mid December? Lol
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

User avatar
starsfan65
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 417
Age: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Garland,Tx

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1025 Postby starsfan65 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 pm

bubba hotep wrote:That's probably it for this thread. Euro has given up on the big western trough in the longer range in favor of the zonal pattern that has been ruling our weather. That probably also does in the 1st week of December. Maybe something will change by mid December? Lol
No cold weather for a while?
0 likes   

User avatar
CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 7869
Age: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:33 pm
Location: Mansfield, TX (Tarrant Co.)

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1026 Postby CaptinCrunch » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm

The next 2 weeks looks absolutely boring, no rain, no real cold fronts, just average and above temps. :grr: :cry:

Hopefully by the 2nd and 3rd week of December things will look better.

The latest weekly SST
departures are:

Niño 4.... -0.4ºC
Niño 3.4.... -1.1ºC
Niño 3.... -1.1ºC
Niño 1+2.... -1.0ºC
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 33150
Age: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1027 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Models are warmer after thanksgiving anyway the cold air went poof like always

Probably it til the winter thread i agree. Lets just hope we have a winter :roll:
0 likes   
#neversummer

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 3161
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Austin/Cedar Park, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1028 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Image
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

BrokenGlassRepublicn
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Richardson, Texas

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1029 Postby BrokenGlassRepublicn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Brent wrote:Models are warmer after thanksgiving anyway the cold air went poof like always

Probably it til the winter thread i agree. Lets just hope we have a winter :roll:

Have we ever had a winter cancel proclamation before we even get to the winter thread?
1 likes   

User avatar
Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator
Posts: 5031
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Denison, Texas

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1030 Postby Texas Snowman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:52 pm

You mean like those people who were talking about a "cancel the tropical season" proclamation in the tropical forums?

Before Harvey, Irma, and Maria of course? :wink:
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 33150
Age: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1031 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Texas Snowman wrote:You mean like those people who were talking about a "cancel the tropical season" proclamation in the tropical forums?

Before Harvey, Irma, and Maria of course? :wink:


Heck a lot of us here didnt believe Harvey would happen lmao
0 likes   
#neversummer

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1032 Postby gpsnowman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Might be one of those Ninas where we get a couple deep arctic dumps with some precip in an otherwise warm winter. And who knows when or if that will happen. 2010 similarities? If we can get anything close to Super Bowl week I will call this winter a win. The standards have been lowered unfortunately.
0 likes   

User avatar
Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1002
Age: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 pm
Location: Petrolia, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1033 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 pm

BrokenGlassRepublicn wrote:
Brent wrote:Models are warmer after thanksgiving anyway the cold air went poof like always

Probably it til the winter thread i agree. Lets just hope we have a winter :roll:

Have we ever had a winter cancel proclamation before we even get to the winter thread?

I think there's a few every year.
0 likes   
#neversummer

User avatar
starsfan65
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 417
Age: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Garland,Tx

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1034 Postby starsfan65 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Brent wrote:Models are warmer after thanksgiving anyway the cold air went poof like always

Probably it til the winter thread i agree. Lets just hope we have a winter :roll:
I want cold weather!!
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 33150
Age: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1035 Postby Brent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 pm

gpsnowman wrote:Might be one of those Ninas where we get a couple deep arctic dumps with some precip in an otherwise warm winter. And who knows when or if that will happen. 2010 similarities? If we can get anything close to Super Bowl week I will call this winter a win. The standards have been lowered unfortunately.


2010-2011 is probably the one I'm hoping for now it was warm to start to(mid 80s right before Christmas) and then had the super bowl week and by mid February winter was over

The other analogs were basically wall to wall warmth and no snow
0 likes   
#neversummer

User avatar
JDawg512
Category 3
Category 3
Posts: 879
Age: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 pm
Location: Austin
Contact:

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1036 Postby JDawg512 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:52 am

Brent wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:Might be one of those Ninas where we get a couple deep arctic dumps with some precip in an otherwise warm winter. And who knows when or if that will happen. 2010 similarities? If we can get anything close to Super Bowl week I will call this winter a win. The standards have been lowered unfortunately.


2010-2011 is probably the one I'm hoping for now it was warm to start to(mid 80s right before Christmas) and then had the super bowl week and by mid February winter was over

The other analogs were basically wall to wall warmth and no snow



I'm not hoping for anything like 2011. The nastiest fires we have ever seen. It's already a given that we are in for a dry winter at this point.
3 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

orangeblood
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1037 Postby orangeblood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 am

Some extremely cold air building in Northern Canada end of week 2 on Euro Ensembles...hopefully, EPO and PNA align to deliver the goods
1 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 3161
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Austin/Cedar Park, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1038 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:11 am

orangeblood wrote:Some extremely cold air building in Northern Canada end of week 2 on Euro Ensembles...hopefully, EPO and PNA align to deliver the goods


Probably more like below, given our luck.
Image
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tejas89
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1039 Postby Tejas89 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

November is running about ~5.5F above normal. Looking at the extended, it's safe to say we'll log yet another well-above-average month.

Having a cooler-than-average DJF (or any one of those months) would definitely buck a stubborn trend.
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 3161
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Austin/Cedar Park, TX

Re: Texas Fall 2017

#1040 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Our local news person had a little blog on the weather. Basically drought sneaking up on us.

http://kxan.com/blog/2017/11/21/drought ... oss-texas/
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.


Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests