Weather Terminology Survey - Help Needed

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Weather Terminology Survey - Help Needed

#1 Postby wxman57 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:27 pm

We are conducting a survey on the perception of probability. What do terms like "Highly Likely", "Probably", or "We Doubt" mean to you in terms of a percentage chance of occurrence? There are about a dozen questions in the survey. We've been comparing the results from meteorologists and non-mets. The results are interesting so far. Appreciate it if you take the time to complete the quick survey. Use the slider below each question to select the probability of occurrence.

I only posted this survey in the US and Caribbean Weather for now. Is there a better place to put it (moderators)?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/perceptionsofprob
4 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Weather Terminology Survey - Help Needed

#2 Postby Ntxw » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 am

Tried it out. Very cool survey thanks for sharing. Talkin' Tropics during peak season would be handy if crowdsourcing :D
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Weather Terminology Survey - Help Needed

#3 Postby lrak » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Not sure if your team is still taking the survey but the link seems to be broken using Chrome.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”