Texas Fall 2018

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Fall 2018

#441 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am

This rain event looks to be a dud for my area. They were saying 2-4” across SETX this weekend and judging by the models what I’m currently seeing is we’ll be lucky to get 1” out of this. Might not even get that.
0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#442 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:59 am

Is this event really over? We cancelled our dove hunting trip to Uvalde because of all the model predictions.... :|
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#443 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:Is this event really over? We cancelled our dove hunting trip to Uvalde because of all the model predictions.... :|

It appears to pretty much be over with to me. I expected sw, south central, south, and southeast TX to get a lot more rain than this..and I thought this event was supposed to last through Monday and now they took rain chances almost completely out of the forecast for Sunday & Monday.
0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#444 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Models show an even stronger -EPO for next week. GFS at least. Moisture under cutting the trough, kind of keeping the arctic jet stream at bay but still impressive. Some mets online saying the setup going into Oct will be similar to what the setup will be most of the winter.

We need the undercutting moisture for snow, or ice, but sometimes can keep the high from crashing into Texas.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

#445 Postby DonWrk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Crazy how the low is still just pumping moisture. Raining pretty good still, coming down a lot harder than what’s depicted on radar.
0 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#446 Postby Haris » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
TeamPlayersBlue wrote:Is this event really over? We cancelled our dove hunting trip to Uvalde because of all the model predictions.... :|

It appears to pretty much be over with to me. I expected sw, south central, south, and southeast TX to get a lot more rain than this..and I thought this event was supposed to last through Monday and now they took rain chances almost completely out of the forecast for Sunday & Monday.

Maybe not as much for south/se tx but it verified 100% for SCTX .

San Antonio got nearly 2" breaking the record for the wettest sep on record w/ 16.48" this month .

Many areas in the Austin metro saw very heavy rain and over 3" of rain . Lots of flooding in Williamson County. As far my area , 2 day total is near 3" . September is closing in on 13" of rain
1 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#447 Postby Brent » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Rain gauge was full at 5 inches when i left for work and its pouring again here in Wylie. On the edge of these bands in the eastern metro but still pretty heavy
0 likes   
#neversummer

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#448 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:31 pm

12z Euro shows the surface low moving very little over the next 6 hrs and another round of storms for areas east of I35, another 3-4" of rain.
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#449 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:38 pm

bubba hotep wrote:12z Euro shows the surface low moving very little over the next 6 hrs and another round of storms for areas east of I35, another 3-4" of rain.

Latest HRRR is shifted a tad east of the Euro but is more extreme with some areas getting over 7". Both the Euro and HRRR appear to actually retrograde the surface low back to the SW this afternoon into tonight.

1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#450 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 pm

I dont like how this boundary is setting up. Lots of CAPE in the atmosphere, another low MSLP down in South central tx coming through later.
0 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#451 Postby gpsnowman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Light north breeze near the airport that has dropped the humidity slightly. Very comfortable. The sun made an appearance earlier making it quite juicy outside. Hope to see more rain today.
1 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#452 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:05 pm

So far all we’ve gotten here in the Wharton/El Campo area in SETX is sprinkles. The past two days the rain has literally formed just a few miles east of us and pushed into the Houston area.
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#453 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 pm

The high today at the house has been 77, with a nice breeze all day. Only 72 at 4pm right now, with wet grounds. Great first day of Fall! :D
2 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#454 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Cpv17 wrote:So far all we’ve gotten here in the Wharton/El Campo area in SETX is sprinkles. The past two days the rain has literally formed just a few miles east of us and pushed into the Houston area.

More coming.
0 likes   

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#455 Postby srainhoutx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Nearing 6 inches since Thursday in my backyard. San Antonio broke their record for September and Galveston is nearing it's wettest September currently at 3rd since records have been kept for the Island. Looks like some updates in the Drought Monitor next week will be updated downward... :wink:
4 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#456 Postby Haris » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:15 am

Raintember continues. Another 2-4" by the euro for San Antonio and Austin points S and E over the next 7-10 days
1 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#457 Postby Cpv17 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Haris wrote:Raintember continues. Another 2-4" by the euro for San Antonio and Austin points S and E over the next 7-10 days

What’s the 12z showing?
0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#458 Postby Cpv17 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 am

06z GFS looking beautiful this morning!!

2 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#459 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 am

This rain has been nice. But I've also noticed the mosquitoes seem to be loving it too. Apparently there was a positive test for West Nile Virus from a trap the city set a couple miles away from us recently in a local park. They want us all to make sure we empty out whatever is on our properties, etc. The city of Cedar Park was going to drain out all of their ditches and culverts. I had a few things out in back that collect water, and my rain barrel is covered, but I put a mosquito dunk in there every now and then. I always drain off everything after it rains. Sometimes I open rain barrel to check it, and mosquitoes fly out of there. They must get in through the pipe, since it's hooked to roof gutter(?). Anyway. But they can also breed on grass with dew or moist dirt I think, regardless of standing water.

My daughter and I went out in the backyard yesterday afternoon, after I sprayed her with some homemade bug spray with oils my wife made. She still got two bites on her leg. She wasn't happy. They LOVE her. Meanwhile, I didn't spray myself, and nothing bit me. Anyway. Enjoy the rain, but be careful with those SKEETERS! :wink: Dragon flies eat them, along with bats.
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#460 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 pm

0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”