East Coast Weather, anyone?

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

East Coast Weather, anyone?

#1 Postby Kalrany » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi,
Just moved to Delaware and arrived as a Nor'Easter arrived. Anyone else in this neck of the woods? Kinda want to keep up with others in the upper-mid-Atlantic...
Then!
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

weathaguyry
Category 5
Category 5

Re: East Coast Weather, anyone?

#2 Postby weathaguyry » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm on Long Island, and that was a pretty nasty Nor' Easter that rolled through, there were definitely 50+mph wind gusts and about 3 feet of storm surge inundation in my area, a few houses took on water and some cars were flooded out. It just shows that a hurricane doesn't have to be moving through to cause decent damage. Although, it appears the pattern has calmed down, with a warm stretch later this week and nothing too significant in the long range. Here's the long range forecast for the middle of November.

0 likes   
My posts are only my opinions and NOT official forecasts. For official forecasts, consult the National Hurricane Center or the National Weather Service.

Irene 11', Sandy 12', Fay 20’, Isaias 20’, Elsa 21’, Henri 21’, Ida 21’

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby angelwing » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 am

I live in SE PA, about 30 miles west of Philly, the n'oreaster hit and we got a lot of rain and wind but thankfully no flooding at my home
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Kalrany » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:27 am

I am getting rather tired of the spring yo-yo: 70s in day to freezing at night. 40s and raining, high 60s with sun, often within 6hrs of each other! My head has dealt with so many barometric jumps and crashes that I am running out of Imatrex!
:roll: Common Mother Nature -- pick something!
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”