Texas Summer 2020

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Haris
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Summer 2020

#21 Postby Haris » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 pm

A small complex of showers/storms blew up over W AUstin this afternoon. Got a half inch! Very localized though. Could see blue skies around lol
4 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#22 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:38 pm

How quickly things change in a few weeks. Early 100s behind Cristobal?

Let us skip to September.
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:57 pm

Haris wrote:A small complex of showers/storms blew up over W AUstin this afternoon. Got a half inch! Very localized though. Could see blue skies around lol

Congrats!! I saw those showers blow up near me, hoping to score. Nothing fell here. Ah well.
Last edited by weatherdude1108 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

#24 Postby DonWrk » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:25 am

Whew, this is about to get bad really quick.
0 likes   

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby bubba hotep » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Bit of a westward shift in track on the 12z Euro and now rains are oh so close to DFW lol

1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby bubba hotep » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Some NW area are getting some storms

0 likes   

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:06 am

Picked up 0.70”. Glad to have gotten it as it looks to be hot and dry for quite a while.
3 likes   
#neversummer

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:14 am

Euro has a high of 107 at DFW on Tuesday! :sun: And the 00z EPS has little to no rain for much of Texas over the next two weeks.
0 likes   

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:09 am

It looks like the sudden flip to a deep summer pattern has killed this place lol
5 likes   

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

#30 Postby DonWrk » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 am

bubba hotep wrote:It looks like the sudden flip to a deep summer pattern has killed this place lol

Supper depressing. I still can’t believe the strong wording of the really wet pattern lasting through June and it flipped like a switch.
1 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby Brent » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:42 pm

DonWrk wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:It looks like the sudden flip to a deep summer pattern has killed this place lol

Supper depressing. I still can’t believe the strong wording of the really wet pattern lasting through June and it flipped like a switch.

i'm starting to think them writing that was a curse... :lol:

I never expected things to flip this quick
2 likes   
#neversummer

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Brent wrote:
DonWrk wrote:

i'm starting to think them writing that was a curse... :lol:

I never expected things to flip this quick

I'm not surprised. It's Texas weather. It tends to change quickly. Now before everyone starts screaming about the death ridge and that our weather pattern is in a stagnant state, just remember what I just stated. We don't want Harvey's relatives to pay us a visit. :D
Last edited by captainbarbossa19 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

TarrantWx
Category 1
Category 1

#33 Postby TarrantWx » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:07 pm

bubba hotep wrote:Euro has a high of 107 at DFW on Tuesday! :sun: And the 00z EPS has little to no rain for much of Texas over the next two weeks.

The only silver lining is that we should have some lower dew points next week, at least for a couple days.
1 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby Brent » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:26 pm

TarrantWx wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:Euro has a high of 107 at DFW on Tuesday! :sun: And the 00z EPS has little to no rain for much of Texas over the next two weeks.

The only silver lining is that we should have some lower dew points next week, at least for a couple days.

the forecast beyond Tuesday does look a little better, I see some 60s for lows...
3 likes   
#neversummer

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby Ralph's Weather » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 am

Some impressive tropical rains yesterday in East Texas. Made driving home from Houston interesting with some whiteout conditions. Looks like we get to deal with the typical curse of a N Gulf tropical system pumping the ridge over Texas. Gonna be hot and dry for a bit. Sure hope we get a early season E Pacific storm and a late cool front later this month or we may be stuck in summer already.
3 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby Cpv17 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:04 am

Ralph's Weather wrote:Some impressive tropical rains yesterday in East Texas. Made driving home from Houston interesting with some whiteout conditions. Looks like we get to deal with the typical curse of a N Gulf tropical system pumping the ridge over Texas. Gonna be hot and dry for a bit. Sure hope we get a early season E Pacific storm and a late cool front later this month or we may be stuck in summer already.

I think we’ll have our own tropical mischief to deal with here. The question is when though.
2 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Interesting blurb from EWX about Cristobal.

As the remnants of Cristobal move
northward into the upper Mississippi Valley, it may become the first
time in recorded history that remnants of a tropical system pass
across Lake Superior (these records date to 1851).

https://www.weather.gov/ewx/forecasts
3 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby JDawg512 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:37 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:Interesting blurb from EWX about Cristobal.

Yea that caught my attention as well. I'm curious if that is the case, if it could cause a buckling of the jetstream. It may not be more than a depression but you would think it will cause some sort of reverberating effects. I'm also looking at some pretty cold temps as far south as Central Nevada where they have a hard freeze warning for areas around Eureka NV. Will be interesting to see what the latter half of June or first part of July will be like... but until then, will have to hunker down for a stretch.
2 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#39 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:42 am

JDawg512 wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:Interesting blurb from EWX about Cristobal.

Yea that caught my attention as well. I'm curious if that is the case, if it could cause a buckling of the jetstream. It may not be more than a depression but you would think it will cause some sort of reverberating effects. I'm also looking at some pretty cold temps as far south as Central Nevada where they have a hard freeze warning for areas around Eureka NV. Will be interesting to see what the latter half of June or first part of July will be like... but until then, will have to hunker down for a stretch.

I saw that. The northern and central parts of Nevada were under free and hard freeze warnings, in June! Wild. That is interesting what you mentioned about the buckling of the jetstream. It seems odd that there haven't been any remnants of a tropical system getting that far north in recorded history. Maybe I'm thinking "extra-tropical". There have definitely been moisture remants up there. I guess they mean in a "tropical" state vs. "extra-tropical".(?)

But yeah, it seems there would be some kind of "butterfly effect" in the system down the line. Not sure what that would mean here. I saw it is supposed to be around 65 Wednesday or Thursday morning here. Not chilly by any stretch, but better than 75. ;) Maybe we can get you to do your rain cave dance! :) It looks like the next couple weeks or so are hotter and dryer than normal. Man it's weird how suddenly everything changed! Maybe not with the background state the way it is. Depressing none-the-less.

I went to Twin Creeks Historical Park yesterday. My first time. They have waterfalls and running creeks, with huge trees! So lush. Looks like I was in other state, or at least east or northeast Texas, and not central Texas! :) Hard to find, and hardly anyone there. It was an oasis! Much cooler by the water. The water was chilly! I'm guessing spring-fed. Anyway, we went around 8am, before the heat set in. Also went to Brushy Creek trail a couple weeks ago. These are places near me. Another jewel! Had no idea! There were a lot more people there, but we kept our distance. ;) Trying to do a few staycations where we can.
1 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#40 Postby gpsnowman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:55 pm

I am done with %/!#$@€£%/ heat already. Good God it is only June 8. Wake me in September.
3 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”