Texas Summer 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Texas Summer 2021

#421 Postby DonWrk » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:55 am

ZeroGee wrote:Yeah, don’t disagree with Iceresistance or he’ll message you claiming his close relationship with the mods here is the only reason you haven’t been kicked off.

Typing this deep in the hardwood forests of North Dallas.

Lol where is the busting out laughing emoji when you need it?!
2 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#422 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 am

DonWrk wrote:
ZeroGee wrote:Yeah, don’t disagree with Iceresistance or he’ll message you claiming his close relationship with the mods here is the only reason you haven’t been kicked off.

I have these: :lol: :hehe: :roflmao:
2 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#423 Postby IcyTundra » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm

Texas could have another tropical threat to keep an eye on heading into Labor Day weekend. GFS and CMC have been consistently showing a TD developing in the Carribean next Wednesday or Thursday. Has decent support from the GEFS and GEPS considering any potential development is about a week out.
1 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#424 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:20 pm

IcyTundra wrote:Texas could have another tropical threat to keep an eye on heading into Labor Day weekend. GFS and CMC have been consistently showing a TD developing in the Carribean next Wednesday or Thursday. Has decent support from the GEFS and GEPS considering any potential development is about a week out.

Still very very far out. Something to watch, but anything outside of ten days shouldnt be taken too seriously, unless it shows it on all model runs multiple days in a row.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#425 Postby IcyTundra » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:
IcyTundra wrote:Texas could have another tropical threat to keep an eye on heading into Labor Day weekend. GFS and CMC have been consistently showing a TD developing in the Carribean next Wednesday or Thursday. Has decent support from the GEFS and GEPS considering any potential development is about a week out.

Still very very far out. Something to watch, but anything outside of ten days shouldnt be taken too seriously, unless it shows it on all model runs multiple days in a row.

GFS has been showing it for over a week now.... You're right though that this could be the GFS being its usual self generating fake storms, but I'll keep an eye on in the coming days to see if the GFS stays consistent with developing something.
1 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#426 Postby Ntxw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Texas threat from NINE would have been had it formed closer to the far NW Carib and through the Yucatan, then west Gulf but formation and convection is more on the northern carib effecting the western tip of Cuba. This trajectory favors a LA and northern gulf coast solution. Things can change but given where it is in real time I don't expect any drastic shifts.
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#427 Postby Brent » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Ntxw wrote:Texas threat from NINE would have been had it formed closer to the far NW Carib and through the Yucatan, then west Gulf but formation and convection is more on the northern carib effecting the western tip of Cuba. This trajectory favors a LA and northern gulf coast solution. Things can change but given where it is in real time I don't expect any drastic shifts.

Yeah I think Ida is destined for Louisiana honestly. I guess more heat for us! Yay not
0 likes   
#neversummer

starsfan65
Category 2
Category 2

#428 Postby starsfan65 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Brent wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Texas threat from NINE would have been had it formed closer to the far NW Carib and through the Yucatan, then west Gulf but formation and convection is more on the northern carib effecting the western tip of Cuba. This trajectory favors a LA and northern gulf coast solution. Things can change but given where it is in real time I don't expect any drastic shifts.

Yeah I think Ida is destined for Louisiana honestly. I guess more heat for us! Yay not

Heat? not heat!!!!!
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#429 Postby Brent » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:35 pm

starsfan65 wrote:
Brent wrote:

Heat? not heat!!!!!

Remember Laura? All it did was get hotter
0 likes   
#neversummer

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#430 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 pm

Brent wrote:
starsfan65 wrote:
Brent wrote:

Heat? not heat!!!!!

Not in my area! Laura generated Storms over town when school was ending! Lol
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#431 Postby Brent » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
Brent wrote:
starsfan65 wrote:Heat? not heat!!!!!

Yeah all I remember in Dallas was we hit 100 again
0 likes   
#neversummer

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#432 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:12 pm

Brent wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:
Brent wrote:

Haven’t you lived in like 3 different places in the past 5 years? You get bored staying in the same spot? Lol
0 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#433 Postby ElectricStorm » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 pm

Brent wrote:

It's already hot enough walking across campus multiple times everyday I need fall to get here lol

winter can never show up though. I'll take the heat over freezing 11 times out of 10
1 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#434 Postby Brent » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:12 am

Cpv17 wrote:
Brent wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

Haven’t you lived in like 3 different places in the past 5 years? You get bored staying in the same spot? Lol

Nah I was in Dallas Fall 2014-March 2021 lol

Now I did have a phase during that where I travelled a lot lol
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#435 Postby Ntxw » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:17 am

Models do show heat ridge behind Ida. It'll be late season heat as subsidence increases behind the system.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Quixotic
Category 2
Category 2

#436 Postby Quixotic » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:37 am

Brent wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
Brent wrote:

Man, you got one good winter out of that. I'm sorry. If you had arrived in Fall 2009, you'd have seen three more decent winters.
3 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#437 Postby Ntxw » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:34 am

Quixotic wrote:
Brent wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

Man, you got one good winter out of that. I'm sorry. If you had arrived in Fall 2009, you'd have seen three more decent winters.

I would say he got 2! 2014-2015 was pretty good too especially late. But he did manage the coldest temperature here since 1949 :D.
1 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#438 Postby Brent » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
Brent wrote:

I would say he got 2! 2014-2015 was pretty good too especially late. But he did manage the coldest temperature here since 1949 :D.

Yeah the first and the last one :lol: actually when February happened I was already confirmed to be moving up here lol it was like a grand finale
0 likes   
#neversummer

ZeroGee
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#439 Postby ZeroGee » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:11 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
DonWrk wrote:

Still waiting on the sources I asked for.

Additionally; I would like citations regarding the great hardwood forests of North Texas, please.
0 likes   
...I am here in this critical ocean to kill whales for my living, and not to be killed by them for theirs...

E Plano

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#440 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:07 pm

ZeroGee wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:
DonWrk wrote:

Still waiting on the sources I asked for.

Additionally; I would like citations regarding the great hardwood forests of North Texas, please.

Eastern & NE Texas has a LOT of trees because the Climate is very favorable for them to grow in forests

1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”