Texas Fall 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Fall 2021

#41 Postby ElectricStorm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:34 pm

99s showing up at the end of the forecast again for both Tulsa and Norman and I'm not liking it :spam:
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#42 Postby Brent » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Weather Dude wrote:99s showing up at the end of the forecast again for both Tulsa and Norman and I'm not liking it :spam:

Don't look at the GFS for Friday and next weekend :spam:

I thought we were done with this crap enough already
0 likes   
#neversummer

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#43 Postby ElectricStorm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Brent wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:99s showing up at the end of the forecast again for both Tulsa and Norman and I'm not liking it :spam:

Yeah it's gonna be awful :spam:

But maybe the AA temps will hold and give us a warm winter :lol:
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#44 Postby Iceresistance » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Weather Dude wrote:
Brent wrote:

I thought that THIS was over, it seems like that Summer is not giving up until OKC has reached 100°F!

:spam: :spam: Monday, September 13th :spam: :spam:

And exactly 1 week after :lol: :lol: :lol:

At +378 Hours, the Temperatures are between 52°F & 49°F
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby Brent » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Weather Dude wrote:
Brent wrote:

I don't necessarily want another February but as long as we get a good snowstorm or two I wouldn't mind some above normal temps :lol:
0 likes   
#neversummer

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#46 Postby ElectricStorm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:13 pm

Brent wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:
Brent wrote:

I don't necessarily want another February but as long as we get a good snowstorm or two I wouldn't mind some above normal temps :lol:

Yeah I usually hope for 1 short lived snowstorm a year but now that I have to walk across campus multiple times everyday I really don't want any lingering cold snaps. A few days of cancelled class for snow would be nice though :lol:
1 likes   

Boomer Sooner!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#47 Postby Brent » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:31 pm

Weather Dude wrote:
Brent wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:Yeah it's gonna be awful :spam:

Yeah I usually hope for 1 short lived snowstorm a year but now that I have to walk across campus multiple times everyday I really don't want any lingering cold snaps. A few days of cancelled class for snow would be nice though :lol:

Lol yeah I can see that. The cold does kind of get old after a couple of days I noticed that in February :lol:

I'm not sure if Tulsa has ever had a snowless winter anyway
1 likes   
#neversummer

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#48 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:06 am

I've recorded 62°F at my house, it was crispy & did not expect that at all . . .
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#49 Postby bubba hotep » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 am

This FALL is off to a sucking start
3 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#50 Postby Cpv17 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:20 am

bubba hotep wrote:This FALL is off to a sucking start

It’s not surprising. It’s still early September. Even in October it can still be brutally hot.
1 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#51 Postby Brent » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:34 pm

It may happen every year but it gets old when it's called meteorological fall lol
1 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#52 Postby Ntxw » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:56 pm

There's just nothing right now to break up the upper pattern. You can counter the Atlantic activity if there is decent wPAC typhoons to break it up some but it's dead as a doorknob currently. We'll keep seeing long range GFS try to push cooler air in but in reality there's no supportive driving force yet, aside from it's doing it via climo. When the Atlantic basin dominates, unless a tropical plume effects us directly, it's just not favorable during peak season for cooldowns. It's not so much the systems themselves, it's just the 500mb resulting pattern isn't favorable at these wavelengths being enhanced.
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#53 Postby IcyTundra » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:26 pm

If you live in Texas it is always best to assume that you won't get the first real cold front until October. Sometimes you get lucky and get it in September, but it is best to assume that you won't get one until the month of October.
0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#54 Postby Cpv17 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:37 pm

IcyTundra wrote:If you live in Texas it is always best to assume that you won't get the first real cold front until October. Sometimes you get lucky and get it in September, but it is best to assume that you won't get one until the month of October.

100% agree.
1 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#55 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:36 am

Ntxw wrote:There's just nothing right now to break up the upper pattern. You can counter the Atlantic activity if there is decent wPAC typhoons to break it up some but it's dead as a doorknob currently. We'll keep seeing long range GFS try to push cooler air in but in reality there's no supportive driving force yet, aside from it's doing it via climo. When the Atlantic basin dominates, unless a tropical plume effects us directly, it's just not favorable during peak season for cooldowns. It's not so much the systems themselves, it's just the 500mb resulting pattern isn't favorable at these wavelengths being enhanced.

That's changing very quickly with Chanthu which is forecasted to hit 135kt. It's not forecasted to recurve, but most of the GEFS does recurve it so there may be some hope in sight!
2 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#56 Postby Brent » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:35 pm

TheProfessor wrote:
Ntxw wrote:There's just nothing right now to break up the upper pattern. You can counter the Atlantic activity if there is decent wPAC typhoons to break it up some but it's dead as a doorknob currently. We'll keep seeing long range GFS try to push cooler air in but in reality there's no supportive driving force yet, aside from it's doing it via climo. When the Atlantic basin dominates, unless a tropical plume effects us directly, it's just not favorable during peak season for cooldowns. It's not so much the systems themselves, it's just the 500mb resulting pattern isn't favorable at these wavelengths being enhanced.

That's changing very quickly with Chanthu which is forecasted to hit 135kt. It's not forecasted to recurve, but most of the GEFS does recurve it so there may be some hope in sight!

Yeah the heat is one thing but the lack of rain is another... something has got to change

At least with the Atlantic on a relative break right now we won't have something recurving east of us right now
0 likes   
#neversummer

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby gpsnowman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:01 am

Haven't logged on in a while and just realized a winter thread was created weeks ago! Before winter fun begins this current pattern needs to break soon. The heat is getting old but patience is needed. Currently a blob of rain is trying to hold together as it approaches Dallas county. Wind has picked up here but no rain.
0 likes   

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#58 Postby rwfromkansas » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:23 am

Finally. Nice storm cluster getting bigger and stronger over north FW heading here. Felt the cool breeze heading into school. Nice.
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#59 Postby SoupBone » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:40 pm

We're not even beyond hurricane season yet, gents. All of yall up un Dallas/FW will be getting way more rain than you might want if the Euro and GFS are correct, so will Houston. :lol: :grr:
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#60 Postby rwfromkansas » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:37 pm

SoupBone wrote:We're not even beyond hurricane season yet, gents. All of yall up un Dallas/FW will be getting way more rain than you might want if the Euro and GFS are correct, so will Houston. :lol: :grr:

Not getting excited over one run, but will see.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”