Texas Fall 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2021

#381 Postby Brent » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:50 pm

The CMC also does to an extent definitely a lot cooler than it has been verbatim this would be low mid 50s for highs in Dallas. The GFS would be in the 40s easily

3 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#382 Postby Ntxw » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:36 pm

That's one heck of a Western Canada block trending on the models. It started out as favorable to nearly a full blown -EPO behemoth. If that does come to fruition it'll tap in a little bit of the Arctic to help. Still source region isn't anything magnificently cold but what does get displaced will be well below normal. Brrrrr.

Secondly with the Atlantic block still going we may be looking at some runs of model bias trying to slide it to the east when in reality it can't because of this feature. I think you'll see core of the surface departures down the Great Plains. HP dome going down to old Mexico. Same stuff we saw in February just a different warmer air mass.
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#383 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Brent wrote:The CMC also does to an extent definitely a lot cooler than it has been verbatim this would be low mid 50s for highs in Dallas. The GFS would be in the 40s easily

https://i.ibb.co/16ZBjjf/gem-T2ma-scus-38.png

This is going to be brutal if this verifies next Saturday. :cold:

4 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#384 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:54 pm

I don't think I'm quite ready for low 20s, it's been almost 3 years since I've been in an environment below freezing. Worst part is that I would be getting off work at the coldest part of the morning if that verified. :froze:
4 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#385 Postby Brent » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:06 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
Brent wrote:The CMC also does to an extent definitely a lot cooler than it has been verbatim this would be low mid 50s for highs in Dallas. The GFS would be in the 40s easily

https://s5.gifyu.com/images/gem_T2m_scus_41.png

Yeah it won't be as cold as February obviously even worst case scenario for cold but given how it's warm it's been that would be a huge shock to the system.

Really not sure I'm ready for this lol :spam:
Last edited by Brent on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
#neversummer

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#386 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Brent wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

https://s5.gifyu.com/images/gem_T2m_scus_41.png

Yeah it won't be as cold as February obviously even worst case scenario for cold but given how it's warm it's been that would be a huge shock to the system

Really not sure I'm ready for this lol :spam:

Mid 20s is Bitterly cold for November, it's almost like it's near 0 in January/February. I have a really bad feeling for this coming winter . . . :eek: :cold: :froze:
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#387 Postby Brent » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:37 pm

The euro is also quite cold Dallas has rain in the low to mid 50s for highs as early as next Wednesday which for early November would be really cold
3 likes   
#neversummer

HockeyTx82
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#388 Postby HockeyTx82 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Brent wrote:The euro is also quite cold Dallas has rain in the low to mid 50s for highs as early as next Wednesday which for early November would be really cold

Stepping down?

I mean last time the GFS went hard-core not everyone bought it. We are a week out and look now.

After last winter and how the GFS showed the extreme cold and never backed off I'm a believer

until I get burned again.......
4 likes   
Don't hold me accountable for anything I post on this forum. Leave the real forecasting up to the professionals.

Location: Ponder, TX (all observation posts are this location unless otherwise noted)

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#389 Postby gpsnowman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm

HockeyTx82 wrote:
Brent wrote:The euro is also quite cold Dallas has rain in the low to mid 50s for highs as early as next Wednesday which for early November would be really cold

Stepping down?

I mean last time the GFS went hard-core not everyone bought it. We are a week out and look now.

After last winter and how the GFS showed the extreme cold and never backed off I'm a believer

I had forgotten how the GFS nailed last February. With the runs today mostly in agreement, next week looks fun.
3 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#390 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 pm

But first, there are High Winds expected Tomorrow across Oklahoma & Parts of Texas.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Cerlin
Category 5
Category 5

#391 Postby Cerlin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:09 pm

I’ve been awoken from drought-ridden, heat-driven hibernation at the sight of our first freeze. GFS and CMC don’t quite agree on placement and strength, but the signal of cold air and Alaskan blocking almost seems too good to be true. Watch out for the panhandle too—I could easily see an early season snowstorm there if the moisture potential is good enough ahead of the front. Nothing will happen behind the front as it’s mostly dry air.
3 likes   
Undergraduate Meteorology Student at the University of Oklahoma and Operator at the Oklahoma Mesonet.
All opinions independent of employers and the university.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#392 Postby Brent » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 pm

HockeyTx82 wrote:

Stepping down?

Yeah and I've already heard about the GFS with this(of course the fact is it's been pretty good lately)... but seeing the Euro and CMC at least agreeing to a point is definitely making me wonder

Also let's not forget that the Euro already had a run with snow near DFW in the last couple days it's not like this is out of nowhere
1 likes   
#neversummer

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#393 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:46 pm

Well Well Well

2 likes   

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

HockeyTx82
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#394 Postby HockeyTx82 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pm

TheProfessor wrote:Well Well Well

[url]https://i.ibb.co/1Lq4HyX/Snow.png [/url]

Don't you work there? Did you do that? :lol:
1 likes   
Don't hold me accountable for anything I post on this forum. Leave the real forecasting up to the professionals.

Location: Ponder, TX (all observation posts are this location unless otherwise noted)

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#395 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:53 pm

HockeyTx82 wrote:

I'm off today, but I'm shocked we left it in our grids lol. We'll see if the nightshift keeps it in.
1 likes   

HockeyTx82
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#396 Postby HockeyTx82 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:16 pm

TheProfessor wrote:
HockeyTx82 wrote:

I'm off today, but I'm shocked we left it in our grids lol. We'll see if the nightshift keeps it in.

Joking aside this will be great having an upstream contact for when fronts come down. When did you start again?
2 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#397 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:26 pm

HockeyTx82 wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:
HockeyTx82 wrote:

Joking aside this will be great having an upstream contact for when fronts come down. When did you start again?

Back in June. I've been in the rotation since the end of August. Might be working on the forecasts for this system depending on the timing. We'll see.
6 likes   

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#398 Postby rwfromkansas » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm

TheProfessor wrote:The 0z Canadian would be insane. 3" of snow for Wichita in the first week of November. Lock it in!

Wichita/ICT has had a big snow drought I think, so that would be shockingly early.
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#399 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:52 pm

rwfromkansas wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:The 0z Canadian would be insane. 3" of snow for Wichita in the first week of November. Lock it in!

Wichita/ICT has had a big snow drought I think, so that would be shockingly early.

Before last year for sure. Although there was one storm a couple of years ago that put down like 18" of snow in a very narrow band in our CWA. Ended up hitting parts of the turnpike and causing problems.
0 likes   

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#400 Postby rwfromkansas » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:08 pm

TheProfessor wrote:
HockeyTx82 wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:

Back in June. I've been in the rotation since the end of August. Might be working on the forecasts for this system depending on the timing. We'll see.

My dad in McPherson finally got to use his snowblower last year.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”