Looks like NEXT weekend is going to be MUCH COLDER!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Looks like NEXT weekend is going to be MUCH COLDER!

#1 Postby southerngale » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:18 am

Local met said that next weekend is going to be really cold. Here's a few quotes from the website:

HOPE YOU HAVE MONEY SAVED FOR THE HEATING BILL! THE LAST FEW WEEKS I TALKED ABOUT A VERY COLD WINTER AND I'M GOING TO STICK BY THAT! LOOKING AT THE END OF NEXT WEEK, IF THE PATTERN REMAINS UNCHANGES WE COULD BE LOOKING AT THE COLDEST SINCE 89, AND EVERYONE REMEMBERS THAT YEAR! STAY TUNED!

That will set the stage for a HARD FREEZE Saturday morning, the coldest in a few years. Look for lows to be in the teens in the Lakes to lower to mid 20's in the Triangle. Look for some warm-up for Sunday into early next week. BEYOND THIS IS WHERE I GET CONCERNED.....If the upper air pattern sets up like models are showing we could be in for the coldest weather since 1989, and everyone remembers that year. Once again stay tuned on that!!

For those who don't know...it was really, really cold in 1989 and we got SNOW AND ICE!!!!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

#2 Postby bfez1 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:06 am

It snowed here in the New Orleans area in '89, too!
Let it snow!!!!!
0 likes   

Southerngale .... Question for you...

#3 Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:29 am

I know you are from the Beamount/Port Arthur/Orange area right? Can you post the website you are getting this info from. I live in on the East side close to Mont Belvieu - so your forecast are always of interest to me.

Thanks for posting.
Patricia
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

10-Day MRF Showing Extreme Cold Headed to Texas.

#4 Postby KatDaddy » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:29 am

I have just viewed the latest 10-day MRF even though it is way out, days 8-10 show a blast of very cold weather with an overrunning event......snow, sleet for Texas east to the Carolinas.

http://itg1.meteor.wisc.edu/wxp_images/ ... y_g211.gif

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Katdaddy..

#5 Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:01 am

Thanks for making that post - looks like we could be in for a major winter event - what that means for Houston - could be alot of different things - but I am hoping the snow portion of that happens.

I know OtherHD, Galvbay and you don't like cold weather - but think its only 137 days till 2003 Hurricane Season starts.

Let me have my snow _ PLEASE!

Patricia
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#6 Postby southerngale » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:35 pm

Here's the link:

http://www.kfdm.com/kfdm.phtml?sec=weat ... &fg=o&lr=o

James Brown and Greg Bostwick don't usually discuss too far out. Kerry Cooper is the one who will be keeping us posted on next weekend, at least until it gets a little closer. (then they all will) James Brown has already updated the forecast this morning but check back later and hopefully Kerry Cooper will have updated it.

Yes, I'm just a couple of miles out of the Beaumont city limits. How far is Mont Belvieu from Beaumont?
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”