My weather today is cold.....

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

My weather today is cold.....

#1 Postby Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:20 pm

My low temp this morning in Baytown was 27.9 - it stay there about 30 mins then went back up to 28 degrees. Galvbay email me and said our temp was 41 degrees - one thing for sure its not warming up into the low 50's like they said....

Everyone post your low temp that you had this morning and for tomorrow too.

Patricia
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:28 pm

Cold front just went through here and my high was 52 droping now. going to be 28 for me tonight. thats dam cold. winder than chit too
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

#3 Postby bfez1 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:34 pm

It's 1:30 in the afternoon here in the New Orleans area and the temp is still only 39 degrees. So rare for us down here. Will be colder tonight :D Freeze warning in effect tonight. Lows in my area tonight are around 27.
0 likes   

Weatherwatch
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Weatherwatch » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:51 pm

Brrrr Our high topped out at 39°, now it's falling again. It din't get above freezing until after 11:00. The low last night was was 27.3°. The predicted low for tonight is 17°.
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#5 Postby BreinLa » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:57 pm

2:00 here it's 39 and cold outside, I have been sitting near the fire all day lol decided to take the day off and just relax and have really enjoyed it.... Tonight's low well depends where you look one local channel says 24, one says 25, accuweather says 21 whatever its gonna be it's too cold me for lol
0 likes   

HoumaLa
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby HoumaLa » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:29 pm

Hi everyone didn't think the board was going to come back up. Tryed since 6 this morning. My low this morning was 28. Its now 230 and the temp is 43 they say it will get to 28 tonight but it will be lower. Don't know about another aritc coming they give us a high on Friday of 73. So we will see
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby chadtm80 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:14 pm

Inland Volusia County (im in Inland Volusia county)

Issued at: 12:13 PM EST 1/17/03, expires at: 8:00 PM EST 1/17/03

Freeze warning tonight for lake, seminole, orange, volusia brevard, indian river, osceola and okeechobee counties,
a wind chill advisory tonight for all of east central Florida
Winds gusting from 25 to 30 mph will push much colder air southward this afternoon and tonight. With nightfall temperatures will drop into the upper 20s across lake and interior sections of volusia county, including areas from leesburg to astor and ormond beach. From metro orlando to titusville lows will also reach below the freezing mark.
Low temperatures across interior sections of east central Florida from kissimmee st cloud south to lake okeechobee, will range from from 30 to 33 degrees. A freeze warning has been extended further south over the interior counties to lake okeechobee.
Cold northwest winds around 15 mph in the evening hours are expected to diminish to 5 to 10 mph late tonight. Wind chill readings will drop into the 20s across much of east central Florida after midnight with wind chill values near 30 degrees around lake okeechobee and across martin county.
If you have plants or vegetation that are susceptible to freezing temperatures, they should be brought indoors or protected tonight. Pets that normally are left out doors should also be brought in or sheltered if necessary.
With the cold wind chill readings, wear extra layers of clothing and a hat. Try to stay in wind protected areas or indoors if possible late tonight and early Saturday morning.

This bulletin affects: Coastal Volusia, Indian River, Inland Volusia, Martin, Northern Brevard, Northern Lake, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Southern Brevard, Southern Lake, St. Lucie, including the cities of Clermont, Daytona Beach, Deland, Fort Pierce, Hobe Sound, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Leesburg, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Orlando, Sanford, Titusville, Vero Beach
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Amanzi » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:37 pm

BBBRRRRRR... I feel like someone left the fridge door open! It has been really chilly here the whole day, I am in Flagler county, sorta slap bang in the middle. (i'm sure some of you guys would laugh cause my lo's are like your highs....but hey Im not used to this) It hung around the high 40's here today. We are expected to bottom out here at around 25 for a lo, but normally can safely shave of 2 degrees off the official forecast so I guessing we will see a lo of around 23. It is windy too, so I sure am glad I don't have to be outside tonight...brrr.

All I want for christmas is central heat :roll: (I guess in a few months I'll be saying...all I want for christmas is central air)

Let us know how frizzy you guys get. :wink:
0 likes   

Scott_inVA
Storm2k Forecaster
Storm2k Forecaster

Re: My weather today is cold.....

#9 Postby Scott_inVA » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:49 pm

ticka1 wrote:My low temp this morning in Baytown was 27.9 - it stay there about 30 mins then went back up to 28 degrees. Galvbay email me and said our temp was 41 degrees - one thing for sure its not warming up into the low 50's like they said....

Everyone post your low temp that you had this morning and for tomorrow too.

Patricia

hi ticka,

We will drop down to ~7° tonight with wind Chills ~ -15°.
Like a dope, I'm off to winter camp with a bunch of Scouts.

This cold is getting very old and will be here...at least in the Mid-Atlantic thought most of next week.

God Almighty!!! TD#1 can't come soon enough for me. :wink:

Stay warm...we can't.

Scott
0 likes   

HoumaLa
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby HoumaLa » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:19 pm

OMG Scott you will learn to keep your mouth shut. Always know the weather will turn on a dime Hope you can keep warmmmmm I am roflmao
0 likes   

OMG Scott.....

#11 Postby Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:58 pm

I hope you stay warm in those frigid temps. Lets hope ya'll get smart if it gets too cold. Glad to see you doing the maps again - hey even with the wide error of margin you are giving yourself - ya'll probably be more on target than the local forecasters LOL.

Keep warm Scott and glad to see you back. Make sure you post when you return - so we don't think you are frozen out there in the cold wilderness.

Ticka1

BTW at 9 p.m my temps dropped to freezing its 32.7 right now and its 9:58 p.m.

Stay warm everyone!
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”