any frozen stuff in the future for us southerners?

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
timNms
Category 5
Category 5

any frozen stuff in the future for us southerners?

#1 Postby timNms » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:22 pm

NWS in Jackson mentions the possibility of another arctic front moving into the south Mississippi area around Wed or Thursday of next week. RIght now they're only showing showers for us. Just wondering what the models are showing. Any need for us to get a little excited? LOL

Tim
0 likes   

TimMS.....

#2 Postby Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:05 pm

Earlier this week accuweather/stinks was forecasting a frigid cold artic blast for us then today the long range just went poof - all the snow the cold weather and everythign was taken out for next weekend - they have our high temps in the 70's next weekend.

I don't know what happen - but the local forecasters here are hinting - now - see that - hinting that there might be another artic blast next weekend that will be colder than this one and last longer and have winter precip with it.

I am thinking that the models are not in consencous (sic) on this and there we are going to see a wide forecast range until the weather actually verifies.

Time will tell - I'm still wishing for my snow - its 32.7 now and dropping and its only 10 p.m.

Time to get close to the heater and get warm.

Patricia
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Ole Accuweather

#3 Postby BreinLa » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:32 pm

Yea they forecasted rain for Memphis today, just talked with sis in law well they got some snow enough to cover the grass, some rain huh... Also they show freezing rain for me on the 31st yea right, think I'll just watch the news lol
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”