Models Flipflopping

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
One Eye
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Models Flipflopping

#1 Postby One Eye » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:57 am

The models are once againg flipflopping by showing the artic air not plunging southward. Gfs holds up in midwest and Ohio Valley and the Gulf Coast States get a little taste of it in about 10 days or so. I know all of this can change but right now it sure looks bleak of getting any kind of winter storm. :(
0 likes   

Super Cell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#2 Postby Super Cell » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:12 pm

yes my friend i have looked today and once again i see the models waffling from day to day..now it appears that we will not see enough cold air to the south to bring a winter storm..even last nights lows were a little warmer than forcasted..now it appears that the southren jet will get a little more active and cut the cold air off to the gulf coast..Also it also appears that the coldest air to come will be shunted off to the east and we will do a quick dive late next week and a rapid warm up....owell bring on the sun and madi gras......
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:41 pm

What happened to possibly 7 days of freezing temperatures with snow, sleet and/or ice during that period? I've heard maybe highs in the 20's for days!!! Goodness...I thought even if it was half wrong, we'd still get something significant out of it and now there's a chance we'll get NOTHING? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I should know better than to get my hopes up for some snow with forecasts that far out! :roll:
But I was hearing it everywhere so I thought hmmm....maybe so. Now I'm sad...I really want snow! :cry: :cry: :cry:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”