Whining- disappointment thread....

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

Whining- disappointment thread....

#1 Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:29 pm

I decided I have a right to post here and whine a little cause of those stupid long range models forecast us all kinds of winter precip and cold weather and NOW its not going to happen. I hope Joe B. realizes how much heartache he's caused me ....CRY CRY CRY!!!!!

I am now boycotting long range models and anything greater than 5 days I'll laugh at.

SO JB - I hope you enjoy your preminum service - cause I'm not paying.

Patricia (Still Crying)and(Whining) and thinking about throwing a tantrum if it would help.....
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:36 pm

I am now boycotting long range models and anything greater than 5 days I'll laugh at.

I say she only last untill about two days into cane season and she will be the long range model queen. LOL :D
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:06 pm

I know how you feel Ticka....I'm not happy either! Maybe if we BOTH throw a tantrum, it'll help.

I can't believe JB is going to charge for his forecast. I always enjoyed reading his column during hurricane season... but no way am I going to pay $9.95/mo intro rate and then $14.95/mo. to read it.

Anyway, if the models showed Arctic blast for us, then no Arctic blast for us, is it possible they were correct the first time and the models will change again???? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S POSSIBLE....I want snow!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Super Cell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#4 Postby Super Cell » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:26 pm

well it does not look good at all my first year of really working with models..i have learned a few things one is you can't rely on a model more than three days..i have found them to just be a in general thing..You also have to pay very close attention to the JET pattern this still is the controling factor to our weather in the south..also i have found modeling to have a lot of trouble in the south because of the temps..anyway as i have told others i have lived on the Gulf Coast for 45 years and can count on one hand what i call heavy snow fall and on two hands any icing event that stands out so that works out on an average of 9.0 years between major events and 4.5 with moderate to light events..as you can see it is not often so we get disappointed more than we are happy..i haven't given completly up however i would say if i had to make a predection i would say it looks less than a 25% for this year..time is ticking and as you have stated long range takes the cold air away..
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

WAH! WAH! WAH! NO WINTER BLAST NEXT WEEKEND!!

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:24 pm

:oops: That's what I get for looking at a model or two!! They make my head spin sometimes! :crazyeyes: I will be the first one to tell you never to count on a long range model. But when I see a set up like I saw happeneing and found others(especially known Mets!) that were agreeing with me I went with it. MY BAD!!! :oops: Unfortunately I am not good enough with the models, especially long term, to quite understand what changed to block the Siberian Express. All the frigid air is still there and in fact will continue to "plague" those further to the east of us Texas folk. Even our friends in MS are still in for some cold air and more precip than we will get in TX, though not like it originally appeared. As things clear up more for my muddled mind I'll post to the fact.

My 48 years on the Gulf coast tells me we are seeing our normal "January thaw" and will probably have another run at some colder than normal temperatures about a week to two weeks into February. Don't even want to speculate on the precip or type of precip that could accompany the next round of cold weather. I must say I've seen the heaviest snow in the 30 yrs I've been in Houston in February, so it is not out of the question. I'm not specualting just stating fact here.

For now "enjoy" the warm up. :sleeping:

As for Ticka, she won't even last till Hurricane season on the model boycott!! :silly:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

hey David

#6 Postby timNms » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:06 pm

I say "Bring on the 80's and 90's. I'm tired of cold and dry. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see any frozen stuff this winter. Odd how that throuhout most of Nov and Dec, we had rain at least once a week, but warm temps. Finally got some cold, and NO PRECIP!!! Guess that's the price we pay for living in the deep south.

Tim
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby OtherHD » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:27 pm

Highs in the lower 70's is nothing to whine about, ticka! In fact, I'm planning to go down to Galveston and celebrate my day off tomorrow. :lol:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

I'm with Tim

#8 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:29 pm

Bring on the heat!
0 likes   

Anonymous

#9 Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:07 am

Don't give up just yet...January isn't even the best month for snow along the Gulf coast...its February. We should have warmer temperatures over the next couple weeks but don't be surprised if it starts getting cold again next month.
0 likes   

Super Cell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#10 Postby Super Cell » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:56 pm

as i really don't want to get into a big debate over the month that the gulf coast recieves the most snow fall..however looking at data out of jackson we recieve over 65% of snow fall in january..febuary about 18%..anyway that is the figures...
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”