Florida Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Florida Weather

#16861 Postby psyclone » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Low 60's dewpoints and a Novemberish atmospheric waterload and a dazzling sky..summer is over here in the bay area. The high is still close to 90 but it is a much kinder 90 than July. No rain is expected in the next 7 days either. and so far another year of burning down the hurricane season without even a good scare. 1 risky month to go..
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16862 Postby NDG » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:47 am

Classic early La Nina pattern setting in, lots of sun but temps still very warm to hot during the day because of lack of rain and precip.
But I agree, the lower humidity, which is going away through next week, felt much better.
Even current low 70s dewpoints is much better than the upper 70s dewpoints we had in early September.
0 likes   

stpeteweathergal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16863 Postby stpeteweathergal » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Surprisingly, I had a short shower here, in west St Pete, late afternoon yesterday. I love to have nature's nutrients on my plants rather than well water.

Now, I'm hoping we have a quiet October and an early, cold winter in December. :D
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16864 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm

stpeteweathergal wrote:Surprisingly, I had a short shower here, in west St Pete, late afternoon yesterday. I love to have nature's nutrients on my plants rather than well water.

Now, I'm hoping we have a quiet October and an early, cold winter in December. :D

Amen to that!
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16865 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:49 pm

And while the EURO might be hinting toward possible development in the far Southern Caribbean around this time next weekend...... my eye's are focused on the next cool front passing through Florida!! Sure, the days will still be warm and possibly mid to upper 60's lows for inland and W. Coast but at least another shot of dryer air and 850mb northerly winds all the way south through the Keys!
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16866 Postby NDG » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:27 am

With this pattern set up with a -PNA don't expect any significant cold fronts to come through FL at least through the next 2 weeks.

1 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16867 Postby psyclone » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am

you got that right. humidity and rain chances returning despite the calendar
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16868 Postby NDG » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:20 am

Is going to feel a lot like summer inland over the Peninsula during the work week, especially with dewpoints back into the 70s.

2 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16869 Postby gatorcane » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:00 pm

This pattern is definitely not going to allow cool weather into Florida let alone most of the Central and Eastern US. Even much of Canada will be well above normal. Eventually it will come to an end allowing a strong front through Florida but all I can say is I am ready for fall weather.
0 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16870 Postby toad strangler » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:57 pm

gatorcane wrote:This pattern is definitely not going to allow cool weather into Florida let alone most of the Central and Eastern US. Even much of Canada will be well above normal. Eventually it will come to an end allowing a strong front through Florida but all I can say is I am ready for fall weather.

Long range GFS fail yet again!
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16871 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:32 am

toad strangler wrote:
gatorcane wrote:This pattern is definitely not going to allow cool weather into Florida let alone most of the Central and Eastern US. Even much of Canada will be well above normal. Eventually it will come to an end allowing a strong front through Florida but all I can say is I am ready for fall weather.

Long range GFS fail yet again!

That's why is always good to look at forecasted synoptic patterns to give any kind of credibility at the GFS's long range forecast, not unless that strong cold front forecast is in the short range forecast if the synoptic pattern doesn't agree with it.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16872 Postby gatorcane » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:56 am

The long-range GFS lower dew points which we have seen verified though so it got the overall pattern change that happened.
0 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#16873 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Really feeling like "Fall" over the last few years in FL just means "not as many pop-up showers". Might not see lows drop below 65F before November, at least here in central Florida.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16874 Postby psyclone » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm

as far as the wet and rainy season goes...first it gets hot in May, then it gets wet...in the fall first it dries out then it cools off. there's always "foot off the gas" before there's any brake tapping. We no longer have the needed solar insolation for big storms so they're done but we're stuck waiting for a legit push of cool and dry air. we're entitled to that in October but it's usually in the 2nd half of the month. Tampa still hasn't fallen below 70 yet. Normal for that is about oct 1 so we're running a bit late. But the first drop below 60 is late month. so change won't be far off and the longer it delays the more spectacular it could be. In the meantime the longer nights and shorter days will need to suffice.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16875 Postby NDG » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:43 am

We may get a break from the 90s here in Orlando tomorrow and Monday after 8-9 days in the 90s for highs and a high of 95 on Thursday, but 90s will return after Monday.
Continuation of either a -PNA and or +EPO is keeping ridging across the eastern US for at least the next 2 weeks.

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16876 Postby NDG » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Nice break from the humidity from Sunday through early next week across central FL. Will see widespread 60s for lows across the I-4 corridor with highs in the low to mid 80s before heat & humidity returns later in the week.
1 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16877 Postby psyclone » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:13 pm

How deeeelightful it is with dewpoints crashing into the 50's and the season's first sub 70 low on the docket tonight here locally. Cane season ended up as a snooze fest for FL and with nina in charge hopefully we'll get the same for the freeze season. Above normal temps and below normal precip should be favored for FL this Winter...that's the best combo one can hope for...
0 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#16878 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:16 am

Nothing definitive yet, but seeing some model support for another cooldown in 10 days or so.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16879 Postby chaser1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm

psyclone wrote:How deeeelightful it is with dewpoints crashing into the 50's and the season's first sub 70 low on the docket tonight here locally. Cane season ended up as a snooze fest for FL and with nina in charge hopefully we'll get the same for the freeze season. Above normal temps and below normal precip should be favored for FL this Winter...that's the best combo one can hope for...

Agreed. SO much nicer than the many months of wretched 90's and pressure-cooker humidity we're so accustomed too. Only thing I question is how much will this LaNina, actually behave like a Winter LaNina?
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16880 Postby gatorcane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:26 am

Looks like it may just be a below normal Halloween temp-wise looking at the latest GFS and Euro. 8-)
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”