Florida Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Florida Weather

#15781 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Apparently West Palm Beach has only picked up .17 of an inch of rain so far this month, talk about nearly bone dry! :lol: Once those fronts stopped coming through late last month it has been sunny and mainly dry with moderate yet reasonable humidity levels.
Last edited by TheStormExpert on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15782 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm

northjaxpro wrote::uarrow: Well I hope you are right Psyclone. I have checked the short to medium range forecasts too!! Let me share this bit of news for you all out there. The temperature here at my home station this afternoon topped out at 93.7 degrees. It was 93 degrees at the NWS Jax office. This temperature not only shattered the record high for today's date, but it also became the hottest day ever recorded for the month of March in Jacksonville EVER! Let's see now, we have set all- time record max temperatures for December, January, February and now March. So the past four consecutive months now this has occured. This is just unprecedented!! Global warming is real folks!!

We will likely set another record high tomorrow with a forecast high of 93 tomorrow!! So for all you warm/hot weather lovers out there , I hope you are really full and happy with this overwhelming hot weather more suited for July than late March!! :x Uggh I am dreading this. It is going to be a very long brutal hot summer if today and this weekend serves has a solid harbinger.

Please Mother Nature take me out of this misery and not.only bring.us some more seasonable weather for this time of the year, but some much needed rainfall. It is bone dry here in Northeast Florida, and we have not had substantial rainfall in over 5 weeks!!

OK, I am done with my mini-rant for the time being!! Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and stay safe!! Practice social distancing and all the other safeguards to protect against COVID-19!!

Well at least you'll have a few nights with lows in the 50's, meanwhile we will be lucky to get below 65º for one night.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#15783 Postby floridasun78 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:42 pm

their saying low 90s by late next week with weak front passing by may cool us back to 83 but look spring here no cool weather in south fl
0 likes   

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#15784 Postby Patrick99 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:55 pm

NAO now tanking. lol too little, too late.
3 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15785 Postby psyclone » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 pm

It looks like our cooldown lasts a day. Make it count. Then directly back to torch. What a disappointment. We get May twice this year..
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15786 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Patrick99 wrote:NAO now tanking. lol too little, too late.

I’ll say, it never fails that it always tanks negative when it doesn’t matter most in terms of colder weather is concerned.
0 likes   

wayne56
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#15787 Postby wayne56 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Tropical Desk: There is a potential problem with this Quarantine in Florida. What if we have a early season hurricane. Everyone cannot go to shelters. This is a nightmare.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15788 Postby psyclone » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 pm

looks like some legit severe weather up north. probable tornado north of Perry with a CC drop on radar. fortunately it's in rural terrain. Cold front on the way with a brief shot of refreshing air. Long term...major torch. what else is new..
0 likes   

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#15789 Postby Patrick99 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 am

If I was to characterize the rainfall from that front in snowfall terms, that would have been "a light dusting."

GFS seems to have a MCS in the Gulf approaching the peninsula at 108 hours, but it looks like it falls apart before getting there. hahahaha then at 258, there's a pretty good looking low in the Gulf that crosses the state and drags a front through. Next best chance of rain about 11 days from now? Geez. Then at 2 weeks, in fantasyland time, there is a convective complex approaching SW FL and the Keys. We'll see.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15790 Postby psyclone » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm

barely got missed by a passing shower last night ahead of the front...so there was not a drop of rain at my house for March. Incredibly nice weather out there for the first day of April. breezy, coolish with super low dewpoints. Fire danger is way up today...otherwise this transient cool shot is a gift from above. enjoy it as we head back to the torch...and this torch may very well bridge us right into Summer..
0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#15791 Postby boca » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Rain in South Florida is cancelled until May 20th.The models just tease us with these fantasy rain chances.
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#15792 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:47 am

Moderate drought introduced for large parts of the state.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15793 Postby psyclone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Of course March was a torch and we have had torch episodes in each month of 2020 so far (April's torch is incoming). Take a careful look at average March temps from this report on NWS Tampa bay's website...you'll notice something very interesting...the warmest temps follow high population areas more than latitude. Warmer temps run right up the I-4 corridor from Tampa bay to Orlando. In fact these areas were nearly as warm for the month as metro south florida. Amazing. Jacksonville also runs warmer than surrounding areas. An ever expanding UHI is adding to Florida's fascinating patchwork of microclimates.

https://www.weather.gov/media/tbw/clima ... _final.pdf
2 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15794 Postby chaser1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:53 pm

On the bright side, perhaps the decrease in rainfall will as least buy us a bit of time before the mosquito's hit full force. Hey, i'm just trying to find some silver lining here :P
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#15795 Postby boca » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:00 pm

The rain chance is 60% which hasn’t happened yet and all the rain is north of Lake O. The drought continues and I really hoped it would of rained but once again we failed in the forecast.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15796 Postby psyclone » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:34 pm

there wasn't an expectation of meaningful rain anyway. we've got drops falling here and cool temps. so locally the forecast failed and it is glorious with daytime temps cooler than most of the lows in recent weeks. Long term florida remains stubbornly warm while the eastern US goes cold. I would imagine such a tight thermal gradient would favor some active weather including severe potential over portions of the southeast given said gradient and the calendar. Perhaps some less boring weather is on the docket..
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15797 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 pm

The -NAO proves useless in the spring months here in Florida. Just take the recent CPC temperature outlooks for example showing most of the lower 48 dealing with below average temperatures while Florida remains above normal temperature-wise. Meanwhile we may be seeing a quasi-rainy season setting up as early as next week with thunderstorm chances in the 40-50% range in the afternoon hours here in West Palm Beach.
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#15798 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:20 am

The Severe drought areas were expanded.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#15799 Postby Patrick99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 pm

94 degrees in Miami today. :eek:
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15800 Postby gatorcane » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm

boca wrote:The rain chance is 60% which hasn’t happened yet and all the rain is north of Lake O. The drought continues and I really hoped it would of rained but once again we failed in the forecast.

Out by the beach, we ended up with a lot of rain Monday. Got lucky with a storm that developed over the offshore waters and crept onshore. Felt a little like the rainy season that one day.

Patrick99 wrote:94 degrees in Miami today. :eek:

I was walking this evening and it felt like an oven, dry with west winds.
1 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”