No real cold weather for us

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

No real cold weather for us

#1 Postby bfez1 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:49 am

Well locals mets here are saying the cold weather coming down later this week will stay northeast of us. No arctic cold here for us :cry: :cry: :cry:
I won't give up on snow for us till after mid February. :D
0 likes   

wrkh99

#2 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:38 pm

Don't you mean march ? after all that is when we have our best snows :)
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby bfez1 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:41 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think here in the New Orleans area we have ever had March snow. At least, not in my time.
0 likes   

wrkh99

#4 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:47 pm

Think back to 1993 .
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby bfez1 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:59 pm

I don't recall snow here in 1993. Maybe my memory is not what it use to be. :lol:
0 likes   

Super Cell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby Super Cell » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:42 pm

i believe the superstorm of 93 only threw snow to slidel..If i remember new orleans was outside the WET SNOW line.. As far as march being a big snow month i can only remember one snow fall in march..usally on the gulf coast if you have not seen the white stuff by the end of january you usally are on the down hill slide..I want fall prey to the wish casting again..As we seen last week with very little snow pack to the north cold fronts moderate quickly..long range still holds hopes for some..I don't buy it with the southern jet getting more active it appears to me that the only precipitation that falls will be a cold rain..as far as the cold coming into the southeast it will be moderated by the time it gets to the gulf coast and will pull out quickly..now as far as the cold heading for TEXAS next week..well i say we wait the long range has been very far off this winter..
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”