Deep South Snow again this week ? Who said that the cold...

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wrkh99

Deep South Snow again this week ? Who said that the cold...

#1 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:37 pm

Looks like places in the deep south from the TN valley to NC will see a good chance of acumulating snows this week . Lows will fall to around 22 all the way to the gulfcoast . At this time I don't think we will have any precip around in southern parts of LA/MS/AL and FL. This air will not make it to texas. Texas will get in on the action after this weekened.
0 likes   

Super Cell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#2 Postby Super Cell » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:48 pm

i would like to make a statement on the storm to hit the east coast later in the week..It looks like another snow event...great i know the snow lovers are getting their shovels ready..now on the issue of calling north and south carolina as the DEEP SOUTH..NAW... maybe the northern guys call that DEEP SOUTH however for a Southern man i would call the DEEP SOUTH as JACKSON,BIRMINGHAM,BATON ROUGE south as being DEEP SOUTH..Just my opinion...
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Snow in northern gulf states?

#3 Postby GAStorm » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:50 pm

Hey wrkh99,

Do you think that Birmingham and Atlanta will see more than flurries this time? This storm originally was supposed to impact Atlanta just as much as the Carolinas. Of course now the models have changed so I didn't know if you heard anything on this. Any comments would be appreciated!
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Snow in northern gulf states?

#4 Postby GAStorm » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:51 pm

Hey wrkh99,

Do you think that Birmingham and Atlanta will see more than flurries this time? This storm originally was supposed to impact Atlanta just as much as the Carolinas. Of course now the models have changed so I didn't know if you heard anything on this. Any comments would be appreciated!
0 likes   

wrkh99

#5 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:05 pm

At this time I see Atlanta and Bham just seeing a few flakes. Just north of Bham from Decator AL to North Ga will see acumulations 1-3 inches. I hope tomorrow we can bring the snow line further south . One thing is for sure it looks like there will be a chance of snow for several days :)
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Thanks for the update wrkh99!

#6 Postby GAStorm » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:02 pm

Sorry for the double post. Looks like a waiting game for frozen precip here since we always seem to get cold after the moisture arrives! :x
Maybe the storms will get stronger down the road and finally meet up with some arctic air. Any storms on the horizon after this one?
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”