It's Snowing in Raleigh

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Suncat
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

It's Snowing in Raleigh

#1 Postby Suncat » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:12 am

It started to snow around 3:30 am in Cary, NC and is still snowing at 8:00 am. This is a very dry, fine snow as opposed the the heavy wet stuff we ususlly get. The low forming off of SC (Charleston) will be much closer to the coast than previously predicted. This means that moisture from that system will be wrapping back in further inland, possibly as far as I-95. I'm crossing my fingers that it may reach the Triangle!!

This is a typcial Murphy's Law storm. Last week, our local forcasters really played up the possibility of a major snow event for the Piedmont of NC. Instead, we got a dusting. This time, not much was said other than a dusting was expected. Well, surprise, surprise! Glad I stocked up on supplies last week!!!
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#2 Postby BreinLa » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:14 am

Glad someone got some snow lol Stay Warm
0 likes   

JCooper
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby JCooper » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:27 am

no snow here.. just cloudy and cold... mom lives in Rock Hill, SC just outside of Charlotte said they have about 8 inches. was suppose to get 1-3 inches... i wanted to stay home today
0 likes   

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby HeartofNC » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:23 am

YEEEESSSS! I've got about 2" of snow now (9:20am) it is falling gently now - actually, it looks like that picture with the falling snow :D :D :D :D :D

It is too cold to make snowballs or snowmen though, as it is much too fluffy. It does make for crappy driving as there are over 100 reported accidents in our local area. Low tonight is supposed to be 10 with windchills around 0 or below... BBBBBBBBRRRRR . Got a pot of beans on and making bread in the bread machine. Am I forgetting anything? :wink:

Hubby is out in it, of course, as much as he says he doesn't like it - anyway he's checking up on our "old" people.
0 likes   

HoumaLa
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby HoumaLa » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:21 am

Heart I can smell that bread. Nice of hubby to check on the old people. Enjoy the snow .
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”