The North is finally warming up

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
SaskatchewanScreamer

The North is finally warming up

#1 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Mon May 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Today we hit 20 degree Celsius = 68 degree Fahrenheit :sun: (and it felt like we were in the 80's.....I guess I have too much anti-freeze in my blood still :wink: ). It's so nice to see the tulips up and the Scilla blooming and soon we will be seeing this: http://www.burnsphotography.com/stockplants.htm

Of course because I planted my water lilies today (and looked at the short range forecast after) it looks like we will have nights below freezing back again (time to build up some muscles hauling those plants back in). That drop really is frustrating considering the day time highs will be in the mid 60's;.

So are my fellow northerners also warming up nicely and eye balling the plants in the local greenhouses?
0 likes   

TYNI
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: The North is finally warming up

#2 Postby TYNI » Tue May 12, 2009 11:13 pm

SaskatchewanScreamer wrote:Today we hit 20 degree Celsius = 68 degree Fahrenheit :sun: (and it felt like we were in the 80's.....I guess I have too much anti-freeze in my blood still :wink: ). It's so nice to see the tulips up and the Scilla blooming and soon we will be seeing this: http://www.burnsphotography.com/stockplants.htm

Of course because I planted my water lilies today (and looked at the short range forecast after) it looks like we will have nights below freezing back again (time to build up some muscles hauling those plants back in). That drop really is frustrating considering the day time highs will be in the mid 60's;.

So are my fellow northerners also warming up nicely and eye balling the plants in the local greenhouses?

You got it!!!! Camping this weekend.... can't wait to get the summer started. It seemed like a long, cold winter, with a lot of snow...
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#3 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed May 13, 2009 9:31 am

:D Nice to meet you TYNI. :D Thank goodness I'm not the only cold zoner here! ;D I agree re long cold winter (we still don't have a heating system in our house.....our steam boiler blew a hole back in December but we have all the paper work now and will have one installed soon).

Well I think I'll pass on camping for a couple of days.......I'm currently watching HUGE snowflakes falling in my back yard (hopefully this is Old Man Winter's final visit).

I've got my little greenhouse loaded with plants (thankfully I didn't trust the overnight forecast so turned a heater on) and sunk my water lilies in the deepest part of the pond so hopefully won't lose too many leaves to freezing temps. This summer has got to start soon as I have some lovely plants that Florida shipped up here ie. Duranta, Passiflora Lady Margaret, Tacoma Stans, Oleander and a Blue Sky Vine (Thunbergia?). I'm bound and determined to celebrate this summer with lots of colour (I'm soooooooo sick of white).
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”