Canadian forecasters let down by their computers.

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Canadian forecasters let down by their computers.

#2 Postby Aslkahuna » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm

NO EXCUSE!! That's where the good old fashioned forecasting and analysis skills come. If they didn't know their synoptic Met good enough to use the U/A charts and good old fashioned analysis to come up with at least a halfway decent solution then they have NO business forecasting the weather. This is a perfect example of Those Who Live by the Models DIE by the Models.

Steve
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Aslkahuna wrote:NO EXCUSE!! That's where the good old fashioned forecasting and analysis skills come. If they didn't know their synoptic Met good enough to use the U/A charts and good old fashioned analysis to come up with at least a halfway decent solution then they have NO business forecasting the weather. This is a perfect example of Those Who Live by the Models DIE by the Models.

Steve

I can't believe anyone would even publish something like that. HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!

You got that EXACTLY RIGHT Steve!!
0 likes   

tropicana
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby tropicana » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am

just being Canadian and reading this, i wanna dig a hole , jump in, and bury myself in it. It is very embarrassing for any weather office.

-justin-
0 likes   

TYNI
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby TYNI » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Very embarrassing. I lived in Halifax for many years, and have travelled that stretch of highway hundreds of times, doing computer service work. I seem to recall this is not the first surprise storm they had seen.
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”