Sand over Italy

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
DanieleItalyRm
Category 1
Category 1

Sand over Italy

#1 Postby DanieleItalyRm » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:02 am

The sand moves over Italy from North Africa.
Very hot in Italy.
This weather configuration is not rare in the central Mediterranean.
Alghero (Sardinia) +39,8 °C
Monterotondo (Rome) +37°C
Rome +36°C
Florence +36°C
The sea temperature is between 24 and 28°C
Daniele
Eumetsat:

0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#2 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

:eek:
Daniele my children just came back from visiting Rome (and Europe) but the temperature and weather conditions were very kind to them whilst they were there (low to mid 20's with a little rain). They loved seeing the incredible beauty and treasures of your ancient city! :D Oh and they are still drooling every time they talk about the cheeses, pizza, pasta and seafood dishes they tried there.

I hope the dust storm settles down soon for you!

0 likes   

DanieleItalyRm
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby DanieleItalyRm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:12 am

Thank you very much and sorry BuT I read just now ..
In Italy the sand makes only the sky a dull yellow, with very beautiful orange-pink sunsets.. does not create problems. Are now many months that it does not rain in Rome. The summer in Italy is hot and dry, especially here, in the center-south. The sea is warm as some tropical seas. The low Tyrrhenian and Adriatic seas (29°C) are the most 'hot at this latitude on the globe.

0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#4 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 am

My children would've loved to have seen that sunset, except I'm afraid it would've had to have been the sunrises, since most mornings they were up at 5 am so they could get to some attractions before too many others arrived. My children said for the first time in their lives, other than when they were very young, that they were in bed there by 9:00 pm.

Please Daniele, if you can, take a picture of that beautiful sunset for us (with some of Rome in the foreground :D ).

I know they were pleased though to miss your summer heat (we have a hard time adjusting to those temps having spent so much of the year with much cooler ones).
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#5 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm still waiting for my son to upload more pics of his European adventure (he took 1800+ pics in all :lol: )

Italy, Czech Republic and Amsterdam were his favourite countries. Daughter (he took his sister) loved Italy the best!

They never got to see the Trevi fountain lit up at night :cry: (re early to rise, early to bed) nor were they able to get close enough to through some coins in it (they didn't know about the stories regarding that when they were there and by the time I told them it was too late). So please if you have a chance throw a few in for a couple of Canadian Prairie Dwellers from Saskatchewan (I really hope they will make a return trip there sometime). :D

0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#6 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

p.s. my daughter got lost in the Vatican :eek: she is/will be forever grateful to the young Italian boy that remembered her and her brother coming in and was able to get her back to him!

They grew up in a city of 35,000. :wink:
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Looks like our old friend SAL is in Central Europe these days, interesting & thanks for posting. Speaking of Saharan dust flows, I've heard they can get as far north in summer as southern England. Does anyone know if this is true, or just a weather urban legend?
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”